Internal Audit Associate - Remote
We are the leading provider of professional services to the middle market globally, our purpose is to instill confidence in a world of change, empowering our clients and people to realize their full potential. Our exceptional people are the key to our unrivaled, inclusive culture and talent experience and our ability to be compelling to our clients. You’ll find an environment that inspires and empowers you to thrive both personally and professionally. There’s no one like you and that’s why there’s nowhere like RSM.
ORM supports the implementation of programs, policies, and practices to manage RSM US risk. The Internal Audit Associate is responsible for assisting with the monitoring of compliance with firm policy and industry regulations regarding all business functions including ORM, line of business (LOB) and key department processes and control activities. Responsibilities include the supporting all aspects of the internal audit process including planning, fieldwork and reporting. Works closely with other members of the Internal Audit team, ORM, the LOB and key departments with respect to achieving these responsibilities. Note this role is not client facing.
- Assists with internal audit efforts through routine monitoring of business functions indicating compliance with key control activities. Includes accurate and timely communication of results, sending related deficiency notices, and other related internal audit tasks. Performs routinely scheduled and ad-hoc monitoring activities and assists with development of project timelines. Communicates project status and achievement of key milestones. Collaborates with ORM, LOB and department process owners to help achieve compliance with key control activities and regulatory requirements.
- Performs interviews of process owners to gain an understanding of functions being monitored and ensure process flows, standard operating procedures and checklists, and risk and control matrices are current. Collaborates with process owners to understand cause and effect for issues encountered to drive the business to continually understand risks and assess processes.
- Assists with organization of Internal Audit working files sufficient to maintain thorough documentation, relevant evidence and tracking of monitoring efforts, and to ensure compliance with email and document retention policies. Assists with annual audit planning and quarterly reporting.
- Works with Internal Audit or other ORM teams on projects including emerging risks, abstraction of key data, process understandings, research, reporting, and other related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience - REQUIRED
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) - REQUIRED
- Ability to read and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures - REQUIRED
- Ability to evaluate information against a set of standards - REQUIRED
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with firm, line of business and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing to diverse audiences across the firm. - REQUIRED
- Ability to develop and maintain applicable professional and internal contacts, resources and networks REQUIRED
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with respect to internal information REQUIRED
- Exhibit high attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and ability to ask high-value questions. REQUIRED
- Strong Visio skills - PREFERRED
- 1-3 years of experience in an internal audit, compliance and/or control testing- PREFERRED
- Previous professional services industry/experience - PREFERRED
- Experience with internal or external audit procedures - PREFERRED
- Experience with SOX, SOC2, ISO or COSO knowledge - PREFERRED
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing to diverse audiences internally and externally
- Demonstrated passion, enthusiasm, and proactiveness
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Proactive in requesting feedback
At RSM, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation package for all our people. We support and inspire you to prioritize your wellbeing by delivering personalized, holistic programming for your physical, emotional, financial and community wellbeing. RSM has a generous time off policy with at least 14 paid holidays, wellbeing days and associate and above access to self-managed time off. We offer flexibility in your schedule, empowering you to balance life’s demands, while also maintaining your ability to serve clients. Learn more about our total rewards at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.
RSM is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are proud to provide our employees with tools to assist them in being successful in achieving both personal and professional goals. We welcome and support all our employees to thrive in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer all applicants will receive consideration for employment as RSM does not tolerate discrimination and/or harassment based on race; color; creed; sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances; sex (including pregnancy or disabilities related to nursing); gender (including gender identity and/or gender expression); sexual orientation; HIV Status; national origin; ancestry; familial or marital status; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship; political affiliation; medical condition (including family and medical leave); domestic violence victim status; past, current or prospective service in the US uniformed service; pre-disposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process and/or employment/partnership. RSM is committed to providing equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-274-3978 or send us an email at email@example.com.
RSM does not intend to hire entry level candidates who will require sponsorship now OR in the future (i.e. F-1 visa holders). However, those candidates who may be recent U.S. college / university graduates possessing 1-2 years of progressive and relevant work experience, excluding internships, in the U.S. or his/her home country would be eligible for hire as an experienced candidate and thus eligible for sponsorship.Compensation Range: $56,700 - $101,200