Managing Director - IT Business Operations 994
We are the leading provider of professional services to the middle market globally, our purpose is to instill confidence in a world of change, empowering our clients and people to realize their full potential. Our exceptional people are the key to our unrivaled, inclusive culture and talent experience and our ability to be compelling to our clients. You’ll find an environment that inspires and empowers you to thrive both personally and professionally. There’s no one like you and that’s why there’s nowhere like RSM.
The Managing Director - IT Business Operations, reporting to the CIO and a member of the IT executive leadership team (IT ELT), is a senior IT leader who supports the CIO in transforming IT to align with the firm’s goals and vision. They lead the Office of the CIO (OCIO), which coordinates and oversees various IT functions and projects, such as governance, financial performance, and the business of IT. They handle IT resource management, financial management, and 3rd party / vendor management, and ensure IT governance. They work with the CIO to design and implement IT operational strategies and ensure IT excellence and improvement. They build strategic relationships with the rest of the IT ELT and promotes firm culture and employee empowerment.
Business Acumen: Aligns the OCIO with the firm’s vision and goals, and the industry's benchmarks and baselines. They make informed decisions and recommendations and communicate them effectively to various stakeholders. They initiate and support enterprise-wide operational excellence projects that create value and enhance capabilities. They secure resources and collaboration from key players across the organization and beyond, both onshore and offshore. They simplify and explain complex issues and solutions.
Strategic IT Planning: Develops and executes IT strategy and plans that align with the firm’s needs and vision. They examine issues and generate ideas with a long-term perspective and apply external and internal factors to strategy development. They consider the strategic impact of their decisions and direction and ensure that short-term and functional goals support the long-term strategy. They incorporate business priorities, strategies, goals, technologies, trends, and viability into their plans. They take a holistic systems perspective and envision, compare, and contrast multiple potential future states, reaching across Lines of Business, Functional Groups and 3rd party ecosystems. They challenge assumptions, develop and test hypotheses, facilitate scenarios, identify trends and inconsistencies, and apply creativity and critical analysis to achieve our objectives. They approve, sponsor, and lead the implementation of the IT strategic plan, and define the objectives, frameworks, and metrics for the IT scorecard process. They partner with senior IT leaders to integrate the IT strategic plan with the enterprise’s long-term plans.
Tactical Execution: Accountable for the daily operations of the IT organization including vendor relationships and contracts, resource utilization, growth plans, and financial oversight. This includes developing annual plans in concert with the CIO, the IT Operating Committee, the Digital Integration Group and the Finance organization. Evaluate ongoing activities across the organization for opportunities to create leverage and efficiencies. Provide regular, actionable reporting on operational performance.
Enterprise Leadership: Communicates persuasively to gain support, agreement, and commitment from business and IT stakeholders alike. They encourage others to take accountability and provide them with the information, training, and resources they need to make decisions and succeed. They execute complex campaigns and strategies to influence multiple audiences and stakeholders, and work toward a common goal in diverse situations. They allocate strategic decision-making authority and encourage risk taking and results orientation. They sponsor and champion challenges and build an empowering team of influencers, contributors, and managers. They lead the creation of an IT workforce strategy and develop, direct, coach, mentor, and reinforce team members. They foster cooperation, commitment, results, collaboration, trust, and team spirit. They demonstrate awareness of the organizational structure, culture, and power dynamics, and use them to inform and shape their behaviors and decisions. They maintain and form alliances with experts and decision makers and demonstrates strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in Software Engineering and Management - Required
- Master of Business Administration - Preferred
- Experience managing the operations of a business or large group
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing teams to deliver complex business solutions
- Solid understanding of technology including infrastructure, vendor and custom solutions implementation and support
- Experience leading teams building on-premise, off-premise and hybrid solutions preferred
- Experience building business solutions with a strong understanding of business processes
- Strong conceptual, analytic, and expert problem-solving skills
- Possess an understanding of software development practices
- Development experience preferred
- Experience leading QA, BA, and PMO teams
- Motivated to work in a growing environment
- Strong mentoring and training skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influence skills and conveys an approachable demeanor
- 15 year’s experience managing the financial operations, resource management and vendor management of a business or large group required
- 10 year’s experience leading technology teams, either discipline or solution teams required
- 5 years experience building enterprise-class on-premise, off-premise and hybrid solutions preferred
- 5 year’s experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines required
- 5 years’ experience supporting clients, technology sales or business relationship management required
- Experience presenting to C-level executive and Board of Director levels required
- Proficiency in performing and reporting risk and business impact required
- Ability to determine when customization, development, or additional commercial products are required
- Strong experience in Agile and working within multiple frameworks preferred
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with business managers, IT engineering and IT operations staff as well as non-IT areas such as Talent Acquisition, Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources
- Leads a multi-disciplined team through complex problems delivering quality outcomes, setting expectations, and delivering accordingly
- Instills strong business focus and a sense of urgency to deliver in alignment with business needs
- Provide thought leadership through innovative ideas, business and technology trends, competitive analysis, and internal collaboration
- Stays informed of current industry best practices; working with clients and internal cross-functional teams to apply best practices where appropriate
- Takes responsibility for business P&L and operating characteristics, ensuring business is informed and aligned with progress, current spend and projected budget
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to build strong relationships across lines of business, functional areas, and outside vendors
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across the entire organization
- Ability to drive delivery and motivate teams,
- Strong leader: takes ownership, leads by example, creates, and motivates high-performing teams
At RSM, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation package for all our people. We support and inspire you to prioritize your wellbeing by delivering personalized, holistic programming for your physical, emotional, financial and community wellbeing. RSM has a generous time off policy with at least 14 paid holidays, wellbeing days and associate and above access to self-managed time off. We offer flexibility in your schedule, empowering you to balance life’s demands, while also maintaining your ability to serve clients. Learn more about our total rewards at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.
RSM is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are proud to provide our employees with tools to assist them in being successful in achieving both personal and professional goals. We welcome and support all our employees to thrive in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer all applicants will receive consideration for employment as RSM does not tolerate discrimination and/or harassment based on race; color; creed; sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances; sex (including pregnancy or disabilities related to nursing); gender (including gender identity and/or gender expression); sexual orientation; HIV Status; national origin; ancestry; familial or marital status; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship; political affiliation; medical condition (including family and medical leave); domestic violence victim status; past, current or prospective service in the US uniformed service; pre-disposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process and/or employment/partnership. RSM is committed to providing equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-274-3978 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSM does not intend to hire entry level candidates who will require sponsorship now OR in the future (i.e. F-1 visa holders). However, those candidates who may be recent U.S. college / university graduates possessing 1-2 years of progressive and relevant work experience, excluding internships, in the U.S. or his/her home country would be eligible for hire as an experienced candidate and thus eligible for sponsorship.Compensation Range: $198,500 - $380,100