TDM Manager- Owner (Remote Eligible)
We are the leading provider of professional services to the middle market globally, our purpose is to instill confidence in a world of change, empowering our clients and people to realize their full potential. Our exceptional people are the key to our unrivaled, inclusive culture and talent experience and our ability to be compelling to our clients. You’ll find an environment that inspires and empowers you to thrive both personally and professionally. There’s no one like you and that’s why there’s nowhere like RSM.
The TDM Manager - Owner is responsible for planning, designing, and advising owner talent programs and lifecycle, including selection, succession planning, assessment and pipeline development, and owner performance and development. This will involve overseeing the talent process design, training, implementation, and communication of all processes and resources aimed at developing RSM’s owner pipeline and current owners. This role will collaborate with members of the Talent Development & Management leadership team, Owner Center of Excellence, and cross-functional talent teams, with a focus on driving a great talent experience and ensuring all aspects of the talent lifecycle are consistent with business objectives and firm strategy.
Partners with key leaders and stakeholders to research and recommend the design, development, and implementation of owner talent lifecycle processes, programs and frameworks to meet the current and future talent needs of the firm.
- Manages the annual performance cycles for Owners and ensures these processes, including performance feedback and career coaching and advising, meet the needs of the business and are aligned to strategy through outreach and collaboration with Talent Business Advisor counterparts, Owners, and other leaders.
- Leads the design and delivery of owner talent planning, including succession planning, identification and assessment of future owner candidates, new owner selection, and new owner onboarding and integration
- Recommends process and program improvements.
Manages individual and group talent programs aimed at closing gaps in talent pipelines or performance and improving owner performance.
- Designs talent programs
- Makes recommendations on individual development programs to close gaps
- Collaborates with coaching and mentoring programs for owner level solutions
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, Talent Business Advisors, other Talent team members to propose recommendations and deliver solutions
Collaborates with TDM Leadership team, Talent Technology, Talent Operations, IT, and other functions to design talent lifecycle systems and digital solutions to enable agile and global delivery models. Regularly gathers input and feedback to improve existing systems.
Functions as a people leader to direct and indirect reports and holds team and colleagues accountable for delivering strong results through communicating performance expectations and providing feedback on performance, recognition, coaching, and development plans.
Remains current with best practices and trends within the organization and talent development disciplines through research, benchmarking and participation in relevant public accounting forums, and adopts new approaches as appropriate. Ensure alignment with firm objectives; measure effectiveness of initiatives; Reporting results to key RSM stakeholders
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, required in related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with strong proficiency in Excel
- Proven track record in project/change management and technologies/tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using project management tools including Smartsheet, Microsoft Project or related technology
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on owner or executive leadership programs for large organizations requires, or relevant business experience
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally in an enterprise
- Proven experience designing and delivering an enterprise-wide program
- Proven experience leading teams with preference of experiences for enterprise or cross functional groups
- Working knowledge of the professional services industry
- Experience in large-scale event, meeting or conference design and execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to influence and resolve operational issues
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills often times in real-time, high-pressure situations
- Agility and adaptability
At RSM, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation package for all our people. We support and inspire you to prioritize your wellbeing by delivering personalized, holistic programming for your physical, emotional, financial and community wellbeing. RSM has a generous time off policy with at least 14 paid holidays, wellbeing days and associate and above access to self-managed time off. We offer flexibility in your schedule, empowering you to balance life’s demands, while also maintaining your ability to serve clients. Learn more about our total rewards at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.
RSM is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are proud to provide our employees with tools to assist them in being successful in achieving both personal and professional goals. We welcome and support all our employees to thrive in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer all applicants will receive consideration for employment as RSM does not tolerate discrimination and/or harassment based on race; color; creed; sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances; sex (including pregnancy or disabilities related to nursing); gender (including gender identity and/or gender expression); sexual orientation; HIV Status; national origin; ancestry; familial or marital status; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship; political affiliation; medical condition (including family and medical leave); domestic violence victim status; past, current or prospective service in the US uniformed service; pre-disposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
RSM does not intend to hire entry level candidates who will require sponsorship now OR in the future (i.e. F-1 visa holders). However, those candidates who may be recent U.S. college / university graduates possessing 1-2 years of progressive and relevant work experience, excluding internships, in the U.S. or his/her home country would be eligible for hire as an experienced candidate and thus eligible for sponsorship.Compensation Range: $102,200 - $189,200