National Industry Marketing Manager
We are the leading provider of professional services to the middle market globally, our purpose is to instill confidence in a world of change, empowering our clients and people to realize their full potential. Our exceptional people are the key to our unrivaled, inclusive culture and talent experience and our ability to be compelling to our clients. You’ll find an environment that inspires and empowers you to thrive both personally and professionally. There’s no one like you and that’s why there’s nowhere like RSM.
The National Industry Marketing Team is a member of a Communications, Marketing and Growth (CMG) natural work team and is responsible for working collaboratively with the team to create the marketing strategy for the assigned industry (Industrial Industry) and sector throughout the US and Canada. This natural work team is aligned and understands the business strategy, and operates as a unified face to the practice, has a collective focus on driving industry brand and issues relevance, building communities and driving growth for the industry, including developing programs to leverage at the market level.
The National Industry Marketing Team collaborates with national industry and sector leaders and national industry LOB leaders to understand business strategies, provide new ideas that align with strategies, and positions industry relevant service offerings tied to middle market issues and client needs; develops national campaigns to be used in local markets to advance development of identified targets and supports overall demand generation and growth strategies.
Driven by a strong understanding of RSM’s business and industry growth objectives, leads development and implementation of a national industry marketing plan and budget aligned with Communications, Marketing and Growth (CMG), national industry and national line-of-business strategies that results in increased relevance of the RSM brand in the middle market:
In partnership with CMG natural work team:
-Agrees on overall marketing strategy for the assigned industry inclusive of thought leadership and issues and services focus.
Develops content marketing plan in support of industry strategy—includes all content types (video, webcast, articles, ebooks,), including thought leadership; content forms are optimized to reflect the proposed delivery and distribution channel. Content plan reflects identified middle market issues.
Works collaboratively with national economics team and Industry Eminents to understand and apply thought leadership to assigned industry that demonstrates RSM’s understanding of middle market issues and positions the firm as the leading advocate for middle market issues.
Develops and delivers lead generation programs for demand generation and sales team and establishes effective follow through of leads to drive growth. Identifies key metrics (KPIs) and reports results, as well as methods to increase performance.
Co-develops Industry pursuit materials to be used within across the firm.
Packages programs for local office use and deployment and ensures communication of national industry programs throughout the IMC organization to relevant audiences.
- Partners with digital marketing and audience acceleration team to co-develop and participate in execution of multichannel digital marketing strategies.
- Contributes to development of internal and external communications to drive internal awareness of programs, solutions and team priorities; works with the public affairs team on industry and national PR and driving thought leadership into the market to increase relevance and support demand generation; works with industry communications team to support RSM Power, toolkits and other industry tools and programs.
- Partners with CMG COEs to execute plans, achieve business objectives and deliver shared results. Continually improves performance through collaboration and communication.
- Drives relationship management and optimization with key associations and strategic vendors including national sponsorships to build prominence and relevancy of RSM to middle market firms. Partners with COEs as needed, to effectively and efficiently deliver high value relevant to audiences.
- Establishes performance goals and objectives for marketing plans and leverages data analytics to measure performance, communicate results and continually improve performance. Understands and leverages data across CRM, web, and other platforms to measure and improve performance. Collaborates with CMG COEs to evolve understanding of marketing data analytics for performance. Collaborates with LOB marketers to identify services with relevance to assigned industry and builds and executes programs to achieve business growth goals.
In partnership with local market leaders and line of business marketers develops understanding of priority and build out markets and service offerings relevant to the industry and sector:
- Understands top clients and prospects across the firm for the assigned industry and collaborates with local office marketing on ways to enhance positioning and drive growth and relationship development with tier 1 and 2 accounts.
- Collaborates with LOB marketers to identify services with relevance to assigned industry and builds and executes programs to achieve business growth goals.
- Understands priority markets and key services relevant for industry and sectors and ensures programs are available for local deployment.
- Elicits feedback from CMG including all COE,’s, business development, geography and others on national programming and its impact and evolves plans and programs based on feedback.
- Ensures emerging and high profile, industry and regulatory changes are identified, understood and programs aligned with these topics are developed and implemented (i.e. Tax Reform, GDPR, Lease Accounting, Wayfair, Tariffs).
- Builds and grows strong understanding of assigned industry and sectors though continuous learning plan.
- Establishes and evolves competency in digital marketing, leveraging expertise of COE, as well as learning and development plans. Develops competency and understanding of digital marketing metrics and analytics, applying across plans to achieve and improve performance.
- Understands LOB and how they intersect with industry; participate in LOB meetings as appropriate to foster collaboration.
- Drives the marketing plan and budget annually, representing assigned industry and sectors. Ensures that budget is aligned with business priorities, and proactively manages and monitors effective use of budget. Provides quarterly and “as needed” updates to Industry marketing lead and business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Excellent project management, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- SEO and SEM skills
- Proficiency in digital and content marketing campaign design and buyer journeys; understanding of digital marketing ecosystem
- Competency in marketing data analytics
- 5-7 years of leading marketing/growth experience in B2B environment
- Proven success managing marketing and relationship development programs
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly
- Thorough understanding of various marketing channels
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Highly collaborative and able to work within a team to achieve stated team goals
- Is consistently sought out as an advisor by business stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to lead crucial conversations and influence decisions with stakeholders and colleagues
- Proven experience working in a complex, matrixed environment
At RSM, we offer a competitive benefits and compensation package for all our people. We support and inspire you to prioritize your wellbeing by delivering personalized, holistic programming for your physical, emotional, financial and community wellbeing. RSM has a generous time off policy with at least 14 paid holidays, wellbeing days and associate and above access to self-managed time off. We offer flexibility in your schedule, empowering you to balance life’s demands, while also maintaining your ability to serve clients. Learn more about our total rewards at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.
RSM is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are proud to provide our employees with tools to assist them in being successful in achieving both personal and professional goals. We welcome and support all our employees to thrive in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer all applicants will receive consideration for employment as RSM does not tolerate discrimination and/or harassment based on race; color; creed; sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances; sex (including pregnancy or disabilities related to nursing); gender (including gender identity and/or gender expression); sexual orientation; HIV Status; national origin; ancestry; familial or marital status; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship; political affiliation; medical condition (including family and medical leave); domestic violence victim status; past, current or prospective service in the US uniformed service; pre-disposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
RSM does not intend to hire entry level candidates who will require sponsorship now OR in the future (i.e. F-1 visa holders). However, those candidates who may be recent U.S. college / university graduates possessing 1-2 years of progressive and relevant work experience, excluding internships, in the U.S. or his/her home country would be eligible for hire as an experienced candidate and thus eligible for sponsorship.Compensation Range: $87,800 - $162,200