Cloud Security Specialist- M-F 3:00PM EST - 11:30PM EST
Position OverviewJob Description Summary
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Security Specialist within PNC’s Technology organization, you may be based in a remote location. This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
HOURS - 2nd shift
3:00pm EST - 11:30pm EST
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued, and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. This position is primarily based in a location within PNC's footprint. Preferred locations are listed in this requisition. Responsibilities require time in the office or in a field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities can be performed remotely. Additional locations may be considered.
This role is a Security Specialist of our Security Operations Center within PNC's Security Fusion Center.
The ideal candidate will have experiences in many of the following areas:
•Ability to investigate, respond, and remediate alerts for the AWS cloud environment
•Act as a subject matter expert for AWS security services
•Experience in response and containment best practices within AWS
•Apply knowledge of AWS environment to support daily operations
•Proactively identify and remediate threats occurring in the environment
•Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
•Provide direction to assist with develop of content and action tuning requests to improve alert fidelity and reduce false positives
•Provide subject matter expertise on cloud networking, scalable infrastructure, and AWS specific security services.
•Ability to respond to security alerting for enterprise grade systems in AWS and demonstrate the ability to remediate potential threats if required
•Demonstrate use and understanding of security technologies specific to AWS
• Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from the SIEM and the Cyber security product suite, e.g. IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Application Firewalls, EDR, etc.
•Extract the IOCs and behavioral characteristics of malicious samples and implement the proper mitigation
•Demonstrate the ability to scope an event to ensure the proper remediation steps
•Ability to demonstrate subject matter expertise on the one or more functions performed by the SOC
Perform operational support for the institution as a representative of the security organization
• Coordinate containment, eradication, and recovery actions for cloud cybersecurity incidents.
• Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, and creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, and coordination of activities.
• Demonstrated experience in drafting reports, documenting case details, and able to summarize findings and recommendations based on system analysis.
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
- Provides technical evaluation and analysis in a specific Security area. Supports activities, process, and tools needed to improve overall security posture of the organization. Primary responsibilities do not include Architect or Engineering responsibilities.
- Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, and creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, and coordination of activities. Performs actions to address or mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. Reviews and defines controls.
- Advises on more complex security procedures and products for clients, security administrators and network operations. Participates in enforcement of control security risks and threats; potential of one more controls subject to manager discretion. Shares knowledge with staff.
- Conducts security assessments and other information security routines consistently. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for data security related to established guidelines.
- Develops policies and procedures to standardize security functions and eliminate potential vulnerabilities and threats. Oversees that business needs are being met during development.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Software Security Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to detect and prevent data security vulnerabilities of coding throughout the software development life cycle within software development organizations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary will commensurate with skills and experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.