Cloud Security Development Technical Lead
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Cloud Security Development Technical Lead within PNC's Technology organization, you may be based in a remote location. This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
PNC will not provide sponsorship for employment visas or participate in STEM OPT for this position.
• 8+ years of relevant Development, DevOps, or Security experience in AWS, Azure, or both
• Knowledge and understanding of IT architectures, distributed systems and microservices
• Experience with programming languages and in writing automation scripts (Python)
• Experience with Serverless functions (Azure Function, AWS Lambda)
• Experience with relational databases (SQL)
• Knowledge and experience with containerization (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift)
• Knowledge and experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as BitBucket/GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Groovy, and Terraform
• Knowledge and experience with Security / DevSecOps tools
• Knowledge and experience with Cloud Security Posture Management tools (Azure Policy, AWS Config, Prisma Cloud)
• Outstanding troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
• Experience working with relevant cloud security frameworks/guidelines (CSA CCM, PCI Cloud Supplement, ISACA Cloud Computing Audit, CIS, NIST)
• Inquisitive and resourceful – not afraid to network within the organizations to ask relevant questions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals with varying technical skills
• Interacting with project management team members and key stakeholders on application projects
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
- Provides technical evaluation and analysis in a specific Security area. Supports activities, process, and tools needed to improve overall security posture of the organization. Primary responsibilities do not include Architect or Engineering responsibilities. Provides subject matter expertise.
- Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, coordination of activities. Performs actions to address or mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. Reviews and defines controls.
- Advises on more complex security procedures and products for clients, security administrators and network operations. Participates in enforcement of control security risks and threats; potential of one more controls subject to manager discretion. Shares knowledge with staff.
- Conducts security assessments and other information security routines consistently. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for data security related to established guidelines.
- Develops policies and procedures to standardize security functions and eliminate potential vulnerabilities and threats. Oversees that business needs are being met during development.
- Shares knowledge, leads and mentors are the discretion of management. Aligns the controls of a specific Security area to the enterprise framework. Devises control implementation strategy.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Information Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.Knowledge of Organization – Knowledge of the organization's vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Software Security Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to detect and prevent data security vulnerabilities of coding throughout the software development life cycle within software development organizations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at AccommodationRequest@pnc.com. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.