with our quick 3 minute Application!\n \n
- \n \n \n
1st Shift Lead Welder
Philippi-Hagenbuch, Inc.Peoria, IL, USAPosted on Friday, August 18, 2023
- 17-Aug-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Peoria, IL, USA
- Full Time
Non-exempt/hourly (eligible for overtime)
Starting pay is commensurate with experience
About Philippi-Hagenbuch, Inc.: Philippi-Hagenbuch, Inc. (PHIL) is a global leader of customized off-highway truck haulage enhancements including: Autogate Tailgates, Water Tanks, Truck Bodies, Trailers, Load Ejectors and Sideboards. PHIL was founded in Peoria, IL in 1969 and has continued to operate as both a privately owned and team-centered company since. PHIL offers competitive wages and a solid benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick time and personal days. PHIL also has a 401k plan, paid company holidays, offers educational assistance programs and other great benefits.
About the Position: We have an opportunity for a Lead Welder (full-time, first shift) to join our team! The primary responsibility of the Lead Welder role includes welding, field production work, and supervisor the day-to-day function of the Welding Department. Under the guidance of the Production Manger or Assistant Production Manager, the Lead Welder is responsible for communicating and maintain welding product quality, job priority, and job pace among the Associates of the Welding Department. The Lead Welder directly supervises those in the Welding Department so the candidate must have strong blueprint reading skills, be able to work all overtime hours available, travel within the United States, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- MIG and dual shield welding
- Visual inspection work to ensure quality standards have been met.
- Welding from a variety of positions, e.g., flat, vertical, and overhead
- Mentors Associates in the Welding Department in terms of safety, work quality, and attendance.
- Working overtime hours as needed in the Welding Department
- Reading and interpreting prints, assembly drawings, and Bill of Materials
- Assists the Production Manager in selection of hiring, performance monitoring, and training of Welding Department Associates (The Lead Welder must be able to conduct Weld Test with potential candidates who apply to the Welding Department)
- Cross-training to assist in other departments as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the department
- Proficiency in print reading, fitting, & Dual Shield are necessary for the Associate to be successful in this role.
- Experience serving as a Team Lead or Shift Supervisor is a MUST
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Philippi-Hagenbuch/Welarco Fabrications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Philippi-Hagenbuch Inc. https://philsystems.aaimtrack.com