At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
NRG is looking for a Payroll Administrator to support our Services business. This person will assist with the processing of payroll, provide extraordinary customer service by resolving employee, HR Business Partners, and timekeeper issues efficiently and correctly and pay close attention to key details.
- Perform the processing of 1,300+ person weekly payroll through Microsoft Dynamics with ADP for outsourced tax services.
- Prepares and processes off-cycle payments as necessary.
- Provides extraordinary customer service by resolving payroll, employee, HR, and timekeeper questions issues efficiently and correctly.
- Perform time keeping related duties for multiple geographic locations
- Perform other supporting payroll admin roles as required including overpays, garnishments, and unemployment claims.
- Processes weekly payroll through Microsoft Dynamics.
- Perform time keeping related duties for multiple geographic locations weekly.
- Processes off-cycle checks timely to resolve pay issues as required.
- Provides excellent customer service for employees, timekeepers, and HR business partners.
- Reviews bi-weekly data change report for employee related issues.
- Maybe asked to work with unemployment claims, garnishment orders or overpay claims
- Ensure that all payroll processing SOX controls are followed.
- Assist with payroll configuration testing as needed.
- Assist with project and year-end activities as requested.
- Assist team members as necessary.
- Full time position
- No travel required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Microsoft Excel experience using V-lookup, formulas, and pivot tables.
- A minimum of 2 years current payroll experience in a multi-state payroll environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability work in a fast-pace environment where change is frequent.
- Must work effectively in a team environment and be able to come to the assistance of others.
- Proven initiative and a demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Strong team member skills are a must.
- Demonstrated analytical ability is a requirement.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong PC skills include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to take ownership of work and look for ways to improve processes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Talent.