Customer Care Engagement Specialist (remote)
As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
NRG is seeking a talented and ambitious customer service professional to support our customer care team in achieving best-in-class customer service and policy adherence. The ideal candidate is an intelligent and energetic individual with the ability to function in an unstructured environment while contributing greatly to the growth of the overall business. The Customer Care Engagement Specialist will be responsible for supporting the key initiatives of the Customer Service team and will serve as a business and process consultant to internal customer groups. The Customer Care Engagement Specialist will be responsible for key back-office tasks for Customer Care while meeting prescribed Service Levels.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, Operations, Technology, Marketing, and Regulatory counterparts.
- Support the Care and Retention organization's back-office processes including, but not limited to, corresponding with local utilities, reporting, supporting customer move-in and meter set processes, scheduling functions, operational tasks requiring customer outreach, onboarding and offboarding tasks (as needed), and coordination with regulatory team to resolve customer issues.
- Provide coaching and recommendations on ways to improve productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership on the business and department objectives.
- Support Voice of the Customer process for XOOM line of business including monthly reporting
- Maintain relationships with other internal departments as well as client base to improve business performance.
- Conduct training to internal staff on company products and services.
- Evaluate reporting to effectively track progress against objectives.
- Assist in the training of new and existing customer service personnel.
- Ensure the ongoing satisfaction of customers by providing feedback to Customer Service management to help shape future processes and support strategies.
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve Customer Service
- Provide call center functional and or technical support.
- Seeks to improve overall Customer Satisfaction levels through the identification of trends, root cause issues, and improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the mentoring of new team members across multiple sites.
- Assist Customer Care associates in problem resolution.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly reports as needed.
- Keep operations and workforce management informed in real time of service risks or issues.
- Complete various projects such as meeting presentations or customer service training reviews as defined by Leadership.
- Field customer calls in a supervisory role, as needed, including escalated customer issues.
- Interface with multiple parties to resolve escalations and complaints, including maintaining required tracking documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Effective in handling customer escalations through a consistent calm, empathetic, and professional approach
- Strong results-orientation
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and problem-solve.
- Ability to provide effective and constructive coaching to better serve customers.
- Able to convey knowledge of products and strategies to team members and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official description on file with Talent.