Process Manager, Retail Commissions
At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
This position is governed by a local union contract.
The Retail Commissions Process Manager is responsible for the management of Incentive programs within the Home organization. The Retail Commissions Team works with the Home Organization, managing commissions from the creation of the programs through execution. The programs include cash sales bonuses, monthly/weekly performance based contests and monthly/quarterly/annual recognition events. The team works with each line of business to create the programs to best drive the desired metrics to achieve annual goals.
- Manage a team consisting of multiple Retail Commissions analysts.
- Build effective relationships between Retail Commissions analysts and Sales Team stakeholders to deliver desired results while maintaining compliance and accuracy.
- Work directly with leadership in regional-specific lines of business to create programs that will drive individual, team and site performance to meet or exceed metrics in order to achieve annual goals.
- Support analysts with workload capacity, implementation of change requests, and process improvements to sustain high performance in timeliness and accuracy.
- Develop analysts to capitalize on strengths and improve performance in areas of weakness.
- Identify opportunities, take initiative and formulate/develop policies and services to improve the effectiveness of current Retail Commissions processes and practices.
- Define gaps in procedures in both current and future states; develop strategies to identify and prepare recommendations for process improvements.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on commission plans, processes, and execution of calculations across designated region.
- Communicate insights into commissions data to Leadership.
- Lead and execute ad-hoc projects.
- Use root-cause analysis to identify process gaps, as well as recommend and implement solutions.
- Participate in multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel in order to create and maintain calculation models and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Segment Status is currently remote.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Strong math and excel skills required.
- 5+ years experience in financial or data analytics required.
- 5+ years experience working directly with incentive programs in a sales environment required.
- 3+ years experience in leading a critical operations team.
- Strong project management skills and experience as well as relationship sales skills are preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be an effective team player.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical thinking in order to create and maintain necessary reports.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including all MS Office applications are required.
Why NRG is a great place to work:
- Great company culture!! Voted as a BEST employer by Forbes
- A competitive total compensation package, including annual incentive and/or commission
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Benefits on the first day of employment - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability, Wellness program, etc.
- Company-paid life insurance and disability insurance
- 401 (k) plan to help save for retirement
- Generous PTO plan, plus 8 company holidays, and 3 floating holidays
- Numerous discounts, including electricity discounts on NRG brands
If you reside in or intend to work remotely from California, Colorado, New York or Washington State, you may contact Careers@nrg.com for compensation information related to this position and other information as required by applicable law. Please include the job title in your request.
** No Outside Recruiters or Agencies **
You must reside in the United States to be eligible for this position.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Official description on file with Talent.