Financial Analyst (Marketing)
At Maui Jim, you can expect, a unique culture, a well-known brand, and the opportunity to grow with a company that has a great reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and “high touch” work environment that values the members of our ‘Ohana. We work hard to develop our leaders who in turn develop their team members to reach their full potential, and we are committed to building a team that focuses on solid customer service.
If you would like to be part of an amazing adventure that is Maui Jim, check our current job openings and browse the site to learn more about our culture, benefits , and our Maui Jim 'Ohana! Aloha~
The major function of this position is:
The Financial Analyst will act as a financial liaison between the marketing department and the finance team, providing financial analysis and decision support to ensure the efficient use of resources and cost-effectiveness of marketing initiatives. This includes budgeting, forecasting, and tracking expenses related to marketing campaigns and initiatives. This position plays a critical role in ensuring that the marketing department operates within budget and contributes to the overall financial success of the organization.
- Work closely with the Finance, Planning and Marketing teams to provide data analysis, insights and reporting around strategic initiatives, promotions, pricing, loyalty, and other important priorities to optimize and drive performance.
- Assist with purchase requisition management, as well as capital expenditure tracking.
- Administrator of the Marketing budget, working closely with Marketing leaders on their budget plans and forecasts, cascading changes to other core functions and/or business heads.
- Serves as a team resource for budget analysis and project analysis to ensure financial objectives and performance are met.
- Work with Marketing team on any/all analysis as it relates to achieving our strategic marketing plan.
- Support Marketing team members with general budget management, tracking and ad-hoc budget reporting, including reviewing invoice spend against the budget/forecast and establishing accruals for known variances.
- Meet with Marketing leaders and finance regarding monthly variance and monthly forecast numbers.
- Analyze and present financial data to the marketing team in order to inform decision-making and strategy development.
- Develop and maintain budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling tools to ensure the department's resources are being utilized efficiently.
- Monitor progress and performance of marketing initiatives. Analyze financial data and provide financial guidance to ensure cost-effectiveness, successes, and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure accuracy of financial projections and forecasts.
- Develop financial policies and procedures to improve the efficiency of the marketing team.
- Review and analyze Marketing’s financial information in the general ledger for accuracy and discrepancies. Work with Accounting /Finance Department to correct any issues.
- Collaborate with finance business partners to drive process improvements and standardize reporting.
As a guide, indicated below is the preferred education and experience for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis
Listed below are the skills preferred for this position:
- Experience in P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts
- International Accounting Standards knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
- Ability to analyze financial data.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SAP implementation and use
- Experience in Financial analysis foreign subsidiaries
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire.
- Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment.
Special Physical Requirements:
- Ability to communicate in a variety of business settings.
- Ability to utilize a PC.
- Ability to carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to travel overnight.
Special Language Requirement (If Applicable):