Retail & Visual Merchandising Project Manager
At Maui Jim, you can expect, a unique culture, a well-known brand, and the opportunity to grow with a company that has a great reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and “high touch” work environment that values the members of our ‘Ohana. We work hard to develop our leaders who in turn develop their team members to reach their full potential, and we are committed to building a team that focuses on solid customer service.
If you would like to be part of an amazing adventure that is Maui Jim, check our current job openings and browse the site to learn more about our culture, benefits , and our Maui Jim 'Ohana! Aloha~
The Retail & Visual Merchandising Project Manager’s primary focus is to oversee the planning and execution of projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.
1. Collaborate with the Creative Director to identify project goals, scope, and deliverables. Create project plans, timelines, schedules, and budgets to ensure the efficient and effective completion of projects.
2. Coordinate and manage resources required for the project, including personnel, equipment, and materials.
3. Act as the liaison between the Retail and Visual Merchandising Director and various internal and external stakeholders, such as vendors and other departments within the organization. Facilitate effective communication and collaboration across different teams and ensuring project requirements are met.
4. Monitor project budgets and expenditures to ensure they align with approved budgets.
5. Track and report progress and variances to the Retail and Visual Merchandising Director, providing recommendations or implementing corrective actions when needed.
6. Manage all stages of a project and project delivery. This will include assigning individual responsibilities, monitoring progress, enforcing accountability, and developing and maintaining a schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
7. Track deliverables: identify issues as they come up and offer solutions.
8. Convey and report status to executives, global business partners and all other key stakeholders.
9. Ability to re-evaluate project priorities as the business environment evolves, recommending adjustments to the roadmap as new priorities emerge.
10. When necessary, analyze the existing operational/business procedures and create ways to improve them.
11. Perform other duties as requested or required.
As a guide, indicated below is the preferred experience for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 4+ years of project management and implementation experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Maui Jim processes, systems, and procedures.
Skills preferred for the position:
- Proficient with MS Office applications and project management tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication (verbal, written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish solid relationships with key stakeholders in support of initiatives.
- Ability to define and manage own workload.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with large/complex cross functional teams and projects to the successful achievement of goals.
- Critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exude a strong sense of teamwork by working together in a very fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
Special Physical Requirements:
- Ability to communicate in a variety of business settings
- Ability to utilize a PC
- Ability to travel as required
Special Language Requirement (If Applicable):