IT Network Administrator
At Maui Jim, you can expect, a unique culture, a well-known brand, and the opportunity to grow with a company that has a great reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and “high touch” work environment that values the members of our ‘Ohana. We work hard to develop our leaders who in turn develop their team members to reach their full potential, and we are committed to building a team that focuses on solid customer service.
If you would like to be part of an amazing adventure that is Maui Jim, check our current job openings and browse the site to learn more about our culture, benefits , and our Maui Jim 'Ohana! Aloha~
The major function of this position is:
Provide technical expertise and knowledge in IT network and administration and support. This includes VOIP, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SDWAN, MPLS, DMVPN, VPN, and cloud network connections. Administer WIFI and wireless network and mobile devices. Oversee Maui Jim’s IT assets in the selection, configuration, operations and maintenance of all network routers, switches, Internet, SIP voice trunks, mobile device management, and unified communications supporting email, chat, SMS messaging. Manages daily network activities working directly with the helpdesk team, digital and IT infrastructure teams. Provides technical support and manages daily tickets, tasks, and support responsibilities. Works with IT management to help set technical direction and oversee technical changes.
The primary responsibilities and essential duties of this position are:
Administers and supports entire IP TCP/IP network landscape. Must be a self-starter and leader that takes ownership of their area of responsibility, able to clearly communicate internally with employees, contractors, and business leadership. Continually assess network productivity and service level objectives and making sure customer and IT department service goals are being met. Must have experience troubleshooting TCP/IP, wireless, VLANS, MPLS, SDWAN, DMVPN, and IPSEC VPN connections. Assist in managing company DNS for cloud and on-premises AD/LDAP services.
- Assist in network design and implementation and modifications.
- Provide network support with a variety of operation systems and cloud services.
- Install and configure network equipment and maintain security and network patching and IOS and application updates.
- Maintain network connectivity for all computers, servers, and hosts.
- Provide network support for end-users and company departments.
- Maintain and support IT security administration efforts and admin firewalls and other cybersecurity applications and services.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage network infrastructure disaster recovery and backups processes.
- Administer all network-based user and administrator accounts and permissions.
- Create technical support documentation for all network devices, DNS, applications, and cloud services.
- Effectively communicates decisions to achieve understanding and acceptance of changes and/or direction.
- Collaborates with IT leadership to help meet the key operational objectives of the Company, along with providing seamless support to the end user.
- Provides timely escalation and initiates remediation efforts by engaging appropriate teams.
- Works varied and flexed hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and participates on an on-call rotation.
- Process ticket requests and ensures tickets are closed in time and follows up with end users.
- Sends out surveys to measure service effectiveness.
- Troubleshooting and repair network and cybersecurity equipment and network routing issues.
- Troubleshoots and works with network MSP providers to fix, upgrade and repair network routers, switches, wireless access points and firewalls.
- Maintain and manage and administer all network and Palo Alto Firewall security.
- Cisco IOS router and switch administration, knowledge of Cisco IOS (Preferred).
- Provide support for Windows desktops, MacOS and iOS & Android mobile devices.
- Provide remote support for North America and International users and contractors.
- Collaborate with Maui Jim IT technology teams and other departments including HR, finance, Marketing, DC\warehouse Operations, customer service and IT leadership team.
- Contribute to company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Maintain and protect the employee, customer, and consumer confidentiality.
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
A. As a guide, indicated below is the preferred education and experience for this position:
- Two-year college or technical school in computer science or information technology (Preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Information Technology and network support. (Professional Certifications may substitute for up to 3 years’ experience).
- Proficiency in Cisco, Palo Alto, or other network equipment and services.
- Proficiency in network monitoring, troubleshooting, and DNS administration.
- MS 365 Office and anti-virus applications and PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience diagnosing TCP\IP network, IPSEC, MPLS, SDWAN and VoIP.
- Experience in wireless technologies and wireless network management including mobile device management.
- Experience in installing and testing network equipment, software applications, printers, and other peripherals.
- Operating System – CISCO IOS, Windows 10/ Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022 – Mas OS - Linux
B. Listed below are the skills preferred for this position:
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Care and desk-side support skills and experience
- Proven effective team player.
- Must be able to work independently, be resourceful and action oriented.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to carry/relocate computer equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
Special Language Requirement (If Applicable):