2nd Shift Plant Supervisor
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including TimberPro, Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for supervising Assembly operations that include the Modification and Touch up paint areas. Supervisor will plan, lead, organize and control all aspects of the assembly processes to meet production schedules, quality standards, in a safe and environmental compliant manner. Must be able to communicate effectively to his group leaders and associates to set goals and make sure they are attained.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervise the flow of parts and machines into and through the total processes of warehouse operations, parts delivery to the lines, fabrication, assembly, and paint to completion of the confirmation process. Strong leadership to keep stated priorities, based upon customer delivery schedules and efficiently utilize of the department resources (associates, methods, tooling and material). Met daily scheduled goal completion goals.
- Lead associates through proper training, communications to ensure quality standards are met and continuously improving. If quality issues arise – make sure the problems are documented and action steps identified to ensure feedback and problems are resolved in a timely manner. Set appropriate quality standards and programs to effectively reduce adjustment, modification, and touchup defects.
- Comply with all safety, environmental and 5S responsibilities in accordance with standards and regulations. Ensure all associates have been trained and are monitored to be in compliance with these responsibilities.
- Motivate associates to meet all goals for safety, quality, productivity and foster development of your department and individual associates through on the job training and outside courses and/or seminars if required.
- Be knowledgeable of daily schedules for welding, machining, shot blast, painting and warehouse operations.
- Assign employees based on the schedule to achieve the daily schedule.
- Arrive at work (30) minutes prior to the beginning of the shift and leave thirty (30) minutes after the end of the shift. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor to make sure that all employees have left their work area and all equipment and unnecessary utilities are off and all areas are secured.
- Maintain employees’ attendance records. Assist payroll process by maintaining accurate records in Attendance Enterprise system.
- Supports the company’s EEO efforts and take appropriate action to prevent harassments of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School Degree, preferred associate or undergraduate degree
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner. Patience, persistence and problem-solving skills are very important. Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Minimum three years of experience in supervision is required.
- Assembly, diagnostic and operating knowledge of construction equipment is required.
- Incumbent will be required to work overtime as required to meet schedules.
- Strong Leadership abilities to motivate and supervise others. Workload dictates that Supervisor will be required to perform and be knowledgeable for every aspect of the department’s responsibilities for safety, quality, productivity and environmental compliance.
- Good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must comply with all environmental, quality and safety rules, practices and standards. to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.