2nd Shift Safety Coordinator
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including TimberPro, Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
To review and audit compliance with existing safety rules and regulations through the Production and Warehouse environment. To work with Safety Department and industrial employees to reduce safety risks through continuously identifying and addressing risk factors.
- Safety activities in a Manufacturing environment 200 – 500 Direct workers.
- Assist in investigations of all injuries and near misses.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Assist Production Supervisors in all safety activities including but not limited to: Watch 1 cycle, Safety Circles, safety training, Department Safety Activities, etc.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure Manufacturing departments follow the programs to improve the plant’s safety efforts and record.
- Assist Supervision and Management in implementing the plans developed for safety. Also, all processes that created for Safety issues.
- Investigates accidents to identify root causes and initiate effective countermeasures to prevent future accidents. Assists in reducing the lost time incident rate.
- Assist in programs, procedures, and conducts training to ensure continued certifications in our safety program.
- Initiates participative safety circle teams to improve safety program.
- Be familiar with all OSHA regulations as well as Environmental that impact their area of assignment.
- High school diploma and 5 or more years’ hands-on experience in manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the safety function within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand all forms of manufacturing machinery and process.
- Excellent computer skills, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.