Steam Plant Operator
Keystone Consolidated Industries
Steam Plant Operator
- Until Filled (CST)
- 7000 SW Adams St, Peoria, IL, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefit Offerings
Steam Plant Operator - We offer an exceptional bonus structure, competitive pay, and professional development opportunities!
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees profit sharing, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us. We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
Liberty Steel & Wire is a Veteran Friendly Employer.
The Position: We are looking for motivated individuals willing to train to become Steam Plant Operators within our Steel Works operations team. As a Steam Plant Operator, you will start and stop pumps, operate boilers and the steam system, and become a part of the Independent Steel Workers' Alliance (ISWA) Union.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long term disability, generous vacation, sick, and personal time, nine paid holidays, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer profit sharing, annual merit reviews, and upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Ability to pass drug screening, physical, eye/hearing exam, and background check
- High School diploma or GED
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift; overtime as required
- Weekend/Holiday availability (premium rates apply!)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Positive, team-oriented mentality
- Understanding of how a steam system and boilers work
Additional Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Passionate learner
- Motivation to take on challenges
- Work experience around boilers
- Some knowledge of chemistry
PAY STARTING AT: $18.39 / HOUR
If you meet minimum requirements, you will be contacted to come sit for a basic Steam Plant Operator test consisting of 40 multiple-choice, true/false, and matching questions related to generalized Steam Plant knowledge and vocabulary.
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the areas has plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits, competitive pay, and a profit sharing plan!
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Flexible working hours and generous vacation, sick, and personal time off schedules.
- Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.