Maintenance Supervisor, Wire Mill
Keystone Consolidated Industries
- 12-Sep-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Peoria, IL, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Wage Schedules - Medical, Dental, & Vision - 401k - Company Paid Life Insurance & More!
Maintenance Supervisor, Wire Mill - We offer an exceptional bonus structure, competitive pay, and professional development opportunities!
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees profit sharing, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us. We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
The Position: We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for the Wire Mill to manage and direct the hourly maintenance craft personnel on daily assignments and project work.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long term disability, generous vacation, sick, and personal time, nine paid holidays, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer profit sharing, annual merit reviews, and upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Manage and direct the hourly maintenance craft personnel on daily assignments and project work.
- Multi-task and prioritize a changing work schedule during a given shift.
- Facilitate the safe and efficient completion of work requests in all types of facility and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for productivity, quality, safety and housekeeping, scrap control, and process control.
- Interface effectively with other members of Supervision, Engineering, outside vendors and union personnel to meet productivity demands.
- High School or GED education required and 5 years' experience in an industrial mechanical maintenance position.
- Strong heavy industrial mechanical and electrical merged craft maintenance supervisory background preferred.
- Must possess the ability to interpret detailed prints for assembly and manufacture of machine parts, complex assemblies, and weld fabrications.
- Assertive and goal oriented self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must possess a sense of urgency and capable of multi-tasking.
- Strong communication, organizational, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be capable of using personal computers, Microsoft software and capable of learning maintenance software programs.
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the areas has plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits, competitive pay, and a profit sharing plan!
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Flexible working hours and generous vacation, sick, and personal time off schedules.
- Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page