Apply Now\n \n
- \n \n \n \n\n \n
Sign Up For Job Alerts!\n \n
- \n \n \n \n
- \n Share This Page\n \n
- \n \n \n
Lab Technician, Rod Mill
Keystone Consolidated Industries
- 08-Sep-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Peoria, IL, USA
- 43498 per year
- Full Time
Competitive Wage Schedules - Medical, Dental, & Vision - 401k - Company Paid Life Insurance & More!
Lab Technician, Rod Mill- We offer an exceptional bonus structure, competitive pay, and professional development opportunities!
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees profit sharing, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us. We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
The Position: We are looking for a Lab Technician in the Rod Mill to ensure that the rod rolled meets the customer order by performing tensile tests, measuring diameters, observing and inspecting surface quality, communicating this information to Operations and recording it in the appropriate manner.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long term disability, generous vacation, sick, and personal time, nine paid holidays, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer cost of living increases, annual merit reviews, competitive pay, and upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Maintain calibrations of the testing equipment in the laboratory.
- Perform required testing, primarily tensile testing, surface inspection, size measurements, and upset testing.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of surface defects, surface requirements as well as package and trimming standards.
- Provide technical assistance to Rod Mill Inspectors, Trimmers and Supervisors in application of product quality standards.
- Participate in training new Inspectors, Trimmers and Supervisors.
- Make disposition decisions regarding fitness-for-use by applying inspection and test results against customer standards.
- Reject product or hold suspect material as appropriate.
- Cooperate with mill personnel in identification and elimination of defects.
- Maintain detailed inspection and communication logs in computer databases and on paper.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three (1-3) months related experience and/or training.
- Must be capable of using personal computers and Microsoft software.
- Assertive and goal oriented, self-starter with positive attitude.
PAY RANGE STARTING AT: $43,498
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the areas has plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits, competitive pay, and an exceptional bonus structure!
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Flexible working hours and generous vacation, sick, and personal time off schedules.
Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer