Supervisor, Rod/Finishing & Billet Yard - Rod Mill
Keystone Consolidated Industries
- 25-Aug-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Peoria, IL, USA
- 56825-70000 per year
- Full Time
Supervisor, Rod/Finishing & Billet Yard- We offer an exceptional bonus structure, competitive pay, and professional development opportunities!
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees a bonus structure with competitive pay, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us. We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
Liberty Steel & Wire is a Veteran Friendly Employer.
The Position: We are looking for a supervisor to manage shift personnel for Billet Yard and Rod Handling departments, bettering supporting the hourly workforce.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long-term disability, generous vacation, sick, and personal time, nine paid holidays, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer cost of living increases, annual merit reviews, competitive pay, and upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Maintain rolling lineup to implement the production plan for the shift.
- Maintain billet and rod inventories.
- Communicate with production planning and implement the plan for shipping rods and billets.
- Coordinate movement of full and empty rail cars with the Transportation department personnel.
- Conduct inventories and order supplies necessary for the department.
- Coordinate on shift repairs of stationary and mobile equipment with Maintenance personnel.
- Interface effectively with other members of supervision, personnel from other departments, and ISWA personnel.
- Responsible for all safety, functions, equipment and operations on shift in the Lower Reform area of the Rod Mill and Billet Yard.
- Other duties as assigned to meet Liberty goals and objectives as required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school OR High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3-6 months related experience and/or training.
- Must be willing to work swing shift.
- Mechanical and/or electrical ability a plus.
- Must be capable of using personal computers and Microsoft software.
- Must have good supervisory and team building skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
PAY RANGE: $56,825 - $70,000
DISCRETIONARY TARGET BONUS: 12%
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the areas have plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits, competitive pay, and an exceptional bonus structure!
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Flexible working hours and generous vacation, sick, and personal time off schedules.
- Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page