Automation Engineer, Rod Mill
Keystone Consolidated Industries
- 27-Jun-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Rod Mill
- Peoria, IL, USA
- 59397-74246 per year $59,397 - $74,246
- Full Time
Competitive Wage Schedules - Medical, Dental, & Vision - 401k - Company Paid Life Insurance & More!
Automation Engineer, Rod Mill - We offer an exceptional bonus structure, competitive pay, and professional development opportunities!
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees profit sharing, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us.
We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
Liberty Steel & Wire is a Veteran Friendly Employer.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer in the Rod Mill to identify opportunities for improvement in processes, products, and production within the area of responsibility.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long term disability, generous vacation, sick, and personal time, nine paid holidays, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer profit sharing, annual merit reviews, and upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Utilize and/or revise current technology of the Rod Mill and new Rod Mill Controls technology to improve and automate the manufacturing capabilities and efficiency of the Rod Mill.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the Rod Mill process and automation systems.
- Ensure the success of the team by safely performing programming and upgrade tasks on rod mill equipment and systems, as well as proposing and implementing innovative solutions to challenges in the rod rolling process and business.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Ensure and optimize the availability, performance, and quality of rod mill process
- Design and develop rod mill process line Level 2 automation projects, including production tracking
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- BS/BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from a four-year university
- 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing and automation
- Steel Mill manufacturing and automation preferred
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with positive attitude.
- Must be able to prioritize and be extremely detail oriented.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn quickly and work independently.
PAY RANGE: $59,397 - $74,246
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the areas has plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits, competitive pay, and a profit sharing plan!
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Flexible working hours and generous vacation, sick, and personal time off schedules.
- Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page