Metallographer/ Melt Shop Lab Supervisor
Keystone Consolidated Industries
- 20-Jun-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Peoria, IL, USA
- Full Time
Metallographer/ Melt Shop Lab Supervisor - We offer an exceptional bonus structure, competitive pay, and professional development opportunities!
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees profit sharing, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us. We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
Liberty Steel & Wire is a Veteran Friendly Employer.
The Position: We are looking for a Metallographer/ Melt Shop Lab Supervisor to help us champion the concept of continuous improvement in assigned area through application of appropriate quality tools.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long term disability, generous vacation, sick, and personal time, nine paid holidays, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer cost of living increases, annual merit reviews, competitive pay, and upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Participate in teams to improve throughput, yield, safety, and other key areas.
- Champion the concept of continuous improvement in assigned areas through application of appropriate quality tools.
- Studies and performs examinations on samples to determine metal characteristics, such as structure, decarburization, inclusions, surface quality, and homogeneity.
- Interprets findings and prepares drawings, charts, and graphs for inclusion in reports for reference or instruction purposes, and writes reports regarding findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Coordinates and participates in performing special tests, such as hardness, bend and tensile, and grain size tests. Reports results of these activities to operations, technical, and sales personnel.
- Involvement in claims analysis and report generation as required.
- Directs laboratory personnel in preparing of samples and designates area of sample where microscopic or macroscopic examination is to be made.
- Responsible for working with operations, maintenance, scheduling, and other technical services personnel in the Melt Shop to improve processes and reduce costs.
- Supervises Steel Works Lab and Melt Shop Observers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate of Achievement in Metallography
- 2-5 years' experience in Metallurgy.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret Metallography.
PAY RANGE: $56,825- $71,030
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the areas has plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits, competitive pay, and an exceptional bonus structure!
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Flexible working hours and generous vacation, sick, and personal time off schedules.
- Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page