Apply Now\n \n
- \n \n \n \n\n \n
Sign Up For Job Alerts!\n \n
- \n \n \n \n
- \n Share This Page\n \n
- \n \n \n
Journeyman Electrical Technician - NEW PAY RATE STRUCTURE IN PLACE!
Keystone Consolidated Industries
- 20-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Skilled Labor
- Peoria, IL, USA
- 31-35 per hour
- Full Time
Competitive Wage Schedules - Medical, Dental, & Vision - 401k - Company Paid Life Insurance & More!
Journeyman Electrical Technician
We are a growing steel manufacturer producing billets, rebar, rod, industrial wire, and agricultural fence products, Red Brand, based in Bartonville, Illinois that offers its employees an exceptional bonus structure, flexible hours, and professional development opportunities.
The Company: Liberty Steel & Wire is on track for a record year and all products are 100% made in the USA. We are known for providing industry expertise, competitive pricing and responsive customer service. But most of all, our reliable inventory of steel, and strategically located facilities, promise to deliver in the most cost efficient and timely manner.
As part of a global organization, GFG Alliance, Liberty Steel & Wire is committed to the purpose of creating a sustainable future for industry and society. Focusing on change, family, and sustainability, Liberty Steel has pledged to become carbon neutral by 2030.
We believe in recognizing change is a constant in the world, we are dynamic in that we seek to drive change rather than let it drive us. We pride ourselves on having an open mindset and continually challenging the status quo.
Liberty Steel & Wire is a Veteran Friendly Employer.
The Position: To inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust, wire, and maintain all electrical and electronic equipment in the Wire Mill. Make mechanical repairs as required in connection with electrical service.
- We offer a 401k with company match, company paid life insurance and long term disability, three medical & prescription drug plans to choose from offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dental and Vision plans, accident insurance, critical illness, and whole life, as well flexible spending accounts.
- We also offer upward career advancement opportunities supported by professional development.
- Must possess journeyman level electrical skills
- Must have experience in PLC controlled systems to provide programming and troubleshooting support on a variety of PLC types to include primarily, Allen Bradley and Siemans Controllers
- Additional experience is required in proper use of electrical schematics, AC variable frequency drives, AC/DC motors, servo motor applications, industrial sensor calibration and setup, three phase high and low voltage power systems to include switch gear operation and maintenance.
- Copy of High School diploma or GED certificate required
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or equivalent training
- Must have a minimum of two years' experience working in the field
- Pass appropriate written test of 70 multiple choice questions (UGLY's Electrical Reference book & a basic calculator are provided for use during testing);
- Pass lead/cadmium physical requirements (for a Steel Mill positions only);
- Must be available for work on weekends, all work shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd), and potential overtime opportunities.
Pay rate: Opportunities to earn up to $35/hour.
Overtime opportunities available.
The Location: Liberty Steel & Wire is based in Peoria, IL. This is a great place to live because it is affordable with cost of living in Peoria being 2% lower on average than other places in America and the area has plenty of opportunities to visit wonderful attractions that are fun for the whole family, such as zoos, museums, and nature centers.
Why Should You Apply?
- Great benefits and competitive pay.
- On-the-job training, continuous professional development, and career paths to include upward movement.
- Experienced team willing to support, learn, and grow with you.
Liberty Steel and Wire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.