IT M&A Cybersecurity Lead
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstHumana is a Fortune 50 market leader in integrated healthcare whose dream is to help people achieve lifelong well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of the people we serve, Humana starts from within, and is committed to providing progressive benefits that advance the employment experience and vitality of the associate community. Through offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being, Humana embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and population changes while nurturing a sense of cybersecurity, enabling people to live life fully and be their most productive.
The IT Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) cybersecurity Lead role will provide cybersecurity strategic guidance with regards to cybersecurity diligence through integration efforts to Humana’s IT M&A team, corporate development team and integration management office (IMO) on all growth opportunities (M&As, Divestitures, Joint Ventures (JVs), and Minority Investments).
This position is a direct report to the AVP, IT M&A, and will work closely with the IT M&A executives, corporate development team, IMO, and internal cross-functional IT teams in evaluating potential target companies and in the development and implementation of IT integration plans with a key focus on cybersecurity.
• Perform cybersecurity due diligence on Humana’s growth opportunities and identify the potential risks, IT impacts
• Contribute to assessment and gap analysis of strategic capabilities in areas of strategic focus, to close gaps with a specific focus on cybersecurity (aka the deal lifecycle with a lens on cybersecurity)
• Assessing functional and technology investment strategies and compare prospective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
• Understand and estimate cybersecurity investment needs and requirements and turn those goals into concrete project plans
• Develop and continue to refine an IT cybersecurity integration cost model based on the proposed deal structure and IT integration hypothesis.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix, and dynamic environment.
• Develop a conceptual understanding of how the target company’s cybersecurity components and assets would be integrated with Humana based on the proposed deal structure and integration hypothesis.
• Absolutely must assist the acquisition to resolve cybersecurity risks and problem solve paths to remediation.
• Partnering with Humana cybersecurity, external consultants, execute a baseline assessment of people, processes, and technology as it relates to the acquisition’s cybersecurity state to develop a remediation plan.
• Knowledge of end-to-end corporate development activities (M&A, Divestiture, JV, Minority Investments, etc.)
• Demonstrated the ability to facilitate complex and time-sensitive decisions.
• Have an empathetic approach to acquisitions, recognizing the impact on associates, and placing a premium on the associate sentiments and experience.
• Establishes trust and rapport by building effective, sustainable relationships while driving accountability for shared results.
• Provide inputs to structuring the transition service agreements (TSAs) by working with corporate development, IMO, and acquired company representatives.
• Effectively communicate the status of the cybersecurity due diligence efforts with corporate development, IMO, and senior executives from IT and business.
• Drive day-to-day execution of the cybersecurity remediation process within the acquisition, which may include mentoring cross-functional IT teams,
• Develop cybersecurity and IT integration plans (tasks, milestones, dependencies) for Day 1, post day 1, with close partnership with IMO, functional leaders, and cross-functional IT teams.
• Lead positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Organize set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
Use your skills to make an impact
• CISSP, CCSP, CISM, Cybersecurity+, or similar cybersecurity certification.
• AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud architect certifications are a benefit.
• Minimum 8 years of experience, 2+ years in M&A experience, 5-10 years technology operation experience
• Experience leading integration management methodologies for acquisitions (pre and post), including IT due diligence and IT integration planning and execution to support Day 1 and integration activities.
• Results-oriented and process-centric mindset, looking for opportunities to improve IT M&A processes based on learning (research) and implementation experiences.
• Deep expertise with project management and business analysis approaches, including discovery, scoping, planning, and leading project reviews, requirement analysis among business partners, and IT stakeholders.
• Strong inclination for cybersecurity operations and strategy with an ability to envision how cybersecurity technology can further respective IT and business objectives.
• Build trusted and effective relationships working with cybersecurity project managers to ensure they deliver on-time, on-budget, on benefit, and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues as required).
• Builds relationships among different groups within and outside the department while serving as a cybersecurity liaison.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of project delivery processes and guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with mergers & acquisitions, divesture, and integration activities
Additional Preferred Experience
• Knowledge of rapidly scaling technology/software business (specific to Healthcare).
• Knowledge of SDLC practices (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, DevOps), Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), IT infrastructure (Networks, Circuit, Serves, etc.), and (Physical security, Cybersecurity Frameworks, etc.).
• Experience in general management or functional leadership roles.
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees must meet the following criteria:
At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$126,800 - $174,500 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.