Agent Support Representative
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstAt Humana, caring is everything
And when you work here, you feel it. It’s how you grow. It’s how you’re welcomed into our associate community. It’s what guides us in putting health first. And it forms the connection each of us have with the people we serve.
If caring means something to you too, we’ve got a spot for you!
The Agent Customer Support Representative provides timely and effective sales support to Humana’s selling agents. The Agent Customer Support Representative will handle a high volume of inbound and possible outbound phone calls to assist insurance agents with enrollment inquiries including the following: agent compliance (contracting, licensing, and certification), pre-enrollment inquiries, and agent commissions.
Where you Come In:
- Perform inbound and outbound calls from internal and external selling agents in a fast-paced call center. Assist agents with all pre-enrollment inquiries including compliance verification, pre -enrollment, product, and processes.
- Utilize documents, websites, and local networks to research and resolve inquires of agents, involving Member enrollment and company products.
- Build and strengthened relationships with both internal and external agents helping to build Humana’s brand by providing perfect experience.
- Keep closely attuned to the needs and perspectives of customers, and use this insight for the benefit of the business
Use your skills to make an impact
Required Work Schedule:
- Virtual Training will start day one of employment and runs for the first 4 weeks with a schedule of 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM EST, Monday - Friday. Five additional training sessions will follow, with 2-3 weeks in between each training session. Attendance is vital for your success, so no time off is allowed during training (no exceptions). Must be in a secure, quiet place to work, free from any and all distractions, as it could interrupt your learning experience or agent experience on the phones.
- Following training, must be available to work any shift between the hours of 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST, Monday – Friday. Schedules are assigned based on business need, location, seniority and possibly attendance / performance. Associates will be taking inbound/outbound calls throughout the entirety of their day with the exception of their scheduled breaks/lunches and any off phone assignments approved by leadership.
- Please expect overtime opportunities, both voluntary and mandatory, along with some weekends.
- During the Annual Enrollment Period, which runs from October 15 – December 7, must have the ability to work between the hours of 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Monday through Saturday (and possibly Sunday), with the flexibility to work overtime based on business needs. Schedules are based on business needs, location, and seniority, and are subject to change. No time off will be allowed during the first 7 business days or the last 7 business days of AEP.
- Looking for those seeking career growth within the company.
- 2 years of strong customer service is required.
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently with all internal/external customers via excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs including Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Adobe Acrobat (opening and editing PDFs), and Excel.
- Proficiency in general computer skills including navigation, typing, basic troubleshooting, and computer set up.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications and utilize search tools to find information
- Demonstrates high level of critical thinking, problem solving, and emotional intelligence skills
- Must commit to working within the department for a minimum of one (1) year starting day one of this position.
- The pay for this position is $19.57 an hr.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Prior leadership / supervisory experience
- Prior healthcare experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (potential increase in hourly rate for bilingual skills; see Additional Information below)
COME GROW WITH HUMANA!
- Benefits day one!
- Incentive opportunity
- Stellar 401(k) match
- Paid time off, volunteer time off, paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Wellness and Rewards Programs
Please be advised, any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government. Candidates must be tested in ALL languages listed on the description.
Work at Home Guidance:
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
- Any Humana associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.
- As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
- If you are selected for a first-round interview, you will receive an email inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire assessment. In this assessment, you will have a set of questions and provide both SMS text responses. If successful in Stage 1, you will then receive an invitation to participate in Stage 2, where you will complete the Virtual Job Experience (VJE) assessment. This is an online activity where you will learn more about Customer Care jobs at Humana, try out some of the most common job tasks, and tell us more about yourself. Most people complete the VJE in approximately 30 minutes. To complete it, you will need a smart phone, computer or tablet with internet access, and speakers/headphones. **We do not make job offers to candidates that do not complete the VJE. If you successfully pass the VJE, you will then move on to stage 3, where you will have a set of questions and provide recorded video responses to each. You should anticipate this assessment taking about 15-20 minutes. Your recorded assessment will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to the next assessment.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$40,200 - $55,200 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.