Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Care Coach evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Care Coach 1 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to support a member's optimal wellness state by coordinating services & resources. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Bachelor's degree in health and human services field
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
About Inclusa: Inclusa manages the provision of a person-centered and community-focused approach to long-term care services and support to Family Care members across the state of Wisconsin. As a values-based organization devoted to building vibrant and inclusive communities, Inclusa deploys a unique approach to managed care with a trademarked model of support named Commonunity® which focuses on the belief in everyone, and from that belief, the common good for all is achieved. In 2022, Inclusa was acquired by Humana. This partnership will allow us to create a model of care that provides industry-leading support for members across the health care continuum.About Humana: Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers, and our company. Through our Humana insurance services, and our CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.