HR Business Partner Lead
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe HR Business Partner Lead leads the people management agenda in a business unit/area, and acts as a facilitator for the company's management team. Applies broad experience in various Humana Resources (HR) areas of expertise. The HR Business Partner Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The HRBPL will be responsible for creating a comprehensive human capital plan and then executing that plan to advance culture, inclusion and diversity, talent mindset, and important business outcomes. The HRBPL develops and possesses a deep knowledge of the aligned business segments, key employees and business processes.
The HRBPL will:
· Develop and drive a strategic vision around human capital for all aligned leaders and organizations
· This role will directly support 6 executives and their organizations
· Build a strong, trusting business relationship with aligned leaders and organizations
· Act as a business partner; advise leaders on all HR-related opportunities and gaps and drive initiatives to positively impact each organization's business goals and objectives
· Provide leadership to drive a high performance team-based culture
· Partner with specialized HR areas including talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, organizational effectiveness, learning, Inclusion & Diversity, and HR shared services to ensure organization needs are fully met
· Implement best practices and support the delivery of core HR processes (e.g., performance management, talent management, compensation planning)
· Facilitate leadership development and key talent retention efforts
· Develop and manage talent acquisition / retention programs and work force planning initiatives
· Identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to mitigate risks
· Act to enhance organization effectiveness and provoke positive organization changes
· Lead change management projects and manage HR-related internal communications
· Advise executives to develop functional strategies on matters of significance
· Access and derive insights from HR Dashboards and talent analytics to inform talent strategies in the development of diverse leadership talent and capability across the business
Use your skills to make an impact
Required Qualifications and skills
- 5+ years’ of progressive and strategic HR experience within multiple HR disciplines
- Previous experience working in a complex and matrix driven operational organization
- Sound understanding of business principles, models, and concepts as well as subject matter expertise & knowledge of HR disciplines
- Demonstrated experience influencing Senior and Executive Leaders, consulting on business and human capital strategy
- Organizational development knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated track record of effectively identifying and closing strategic human performance gaps to create a strong talent mindset and positively impact business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience to working independently and collaborating across the Enterprise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Previous experience in a business aligned HR partner role
- Previous experience working within a Fortune 500 organization
- Prior experience with Workday
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
• At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
• Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
• Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
• Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
• Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$112,400 - $154,900 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.