Senior Executive Compensation Professional
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Senior Executive Compensation Professional develops, implements and analyzes compensation programs for executives, officers and other top key positions. The Senior Executive Compensation Professional work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate course of action.
The Senior Executive Compensation Professional administers short term and long-term incentive plans for assigned population. Determines financial and tax treatment of compensation programs, and manages proxy disclosures and analysis. Understands department, segment and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including linkage to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, complex situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed, and establishes appropriate guidelines and procedures. Frequently need to overcome programmatic obstacles by proactively engaging stakeholders to build sustainable solutions.
• Executive program management: Associate is responsible for managing deferred compensation program, umbrella policy, MT financial counseling and SVP accreditation programs. The incumbent will analyze the program and process, proactively making recommendations to improve the programs and make the process more efficiently.
The associate will manage the program administration, roll out to the eligible population, including communication and education, and be the appropriate contact if program participants have any questions. The associate is also responsible for management of vendor relations.
• Client support: Associate will support the compensation aligned team and business leadership with any executive compensation related issues for aligned client group. This would include supporting the business on executive compensation program questions, identifying executive compensation needs and proposing solutions. This includes consultation and approvals on new hire equity offers.
• Executive Compensation Programs Process review: The associate will lead the review and documentation of all executive compensation program processes. In this effort, the associate will document the process flows, key stakeholder involvement, and recommend process improvements to simplify and make processes more efficient (identifying overlap, duplicate efforts and waste).
• Executive Compensation team support: The associate is responsible to produce and analyze VP and above associate information to facilitate the work of the executive compensation team, and working closely with the reporting team. Analysis will include SVP+ headcount and diversity reports, onboarding information, holding power, etc.
• Presentation preparation: Associate will be responsible for preparing (and occasionally presenting) materials to senior leadership on a variety of compensation topics.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Salary planning
- Corporate Compensation or Compensation Management
- Compensation Programs
- Analytical thinking
- Incentive Design and Programs
- Data analytics
Use your skills to make an impact
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in finance, economics, business, or another related field
- 5+ years of demonstrated relevant Compensation Experience
- Strong data and analytical skills with proven track record
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel and MS Access and proven experience in creating complex models
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks and work under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous process improvements
- Strong communication, negotiation and listening skills to best ascertain needs and partner to build solutions to address them, while adhering to enterprise strategy and compliance requirement
- Presentation skills and the ability to convey complex concepts, influencing skills, including the ability to influence Senior Leaders
- Knowledge of incentive compensation plan principles and best practices (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense. A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required. Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role. A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Social Security Task:
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$93,000 - $128,000 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.