Regional VP, Finance Operations and Analytics (Home Health West Region)
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstHumana, a $100 billion (Fortune 50) leader in integrated healthcare, is currently seeking an accomplished finance operations professional to join our team as Regional Vice President, Finance Operations & Analytics for the West Region of our Home Health business. In this role, you will develop and direct implementation of overall financial operations for this multi-state region that contains 100+ home health offices. In collaboration with regional leadership, you will plan and implement strategies and tactics required to fulfill the region’s objectives. This will include preparing operational reviews, conducting operational forecasting, participating in the budget process, and other similar activities. Importantly, you will work closely and continually with branch leadership to help them manage their P&L, facilitate operational efficiency, and anticipate future needs at the local level.
The Regional VP can be located anywhere within the lower 48 states, but a location in the Central Time Zone would be considered ideal. Candidates should expect a travel requirement of 10-25%.
- Oversees the work of Region and Division accounting and financial leadership.
- Drives the region’s overall operational strategy and business mix through opportunity and risk assessment as well as portfolio and investment ROI analysis.
- Develops/implements regional business plans to include an overall growth strategy, annual operational plan and operations budget.
- Monitors operation results versus objectives. Devises and implements adjustments to plans and programs.
- Analyzes field reaction to the marketplace, pertaining to the management direction they have received. Secures input from line management and staff.
- Determines regional operational requirements and works within established Company guidelines in order to achieve regional financial goals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develops/recommends regional operational expense budget
- Monitors/manages expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints; including monthly variance analysis and reporting
- Oversees and manages the performance of one direct report
Use your skills to make an impact
Key Candidate Qualifications
In general terms, the ideal candidate will possess extensive financial-related experience (typically 10+ years), preferably in a home health (or comparable) environment. This person will have a record of success in providing financial and operational support for a multi-state branch network. He/she will also have a strong history of growth performance and budget achievements, strategic planning, and good financial skills.
In addition to the above, the following technical qualifications and personal attributes are also sought:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Strong negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing the risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the polish, poise, and executive presence that will ensure effective interaction with senior and executive level audiences, both internally and externally.
- Current or recent experience in a highly matrixed company, with proven ability to influence leaders and key stakeholders in such an environment
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills, including the ability to engage many diverse stakeholders and SMEs and win their co-ownership in the outcome
- Ability to travel within assigned territory as required.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 10-25%
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$181,200 - $249,300 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
About CenterWell Home Health: CenterWell Home Health specializes in personalized, comprehensive in-home care for patients managing a chronic condition or recovering from injury, illness, surgery or hospitalization. Our care teams include nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, home health aides, and medical social workers – all working together to help patients rehabilitate, recover and regain their independence so they can live healthier and happier lives.About CenterWell, a Humana company: CenterWell creates experiences that put patients at the center. As the nation’s largest provider of senior-focused primary care, one of the largest providers of home health services, and fourth largest pharmacy benefit manager, CenterWell is focused on whole-person health by addressing the physical, emotional and social wellness of our patients. As part of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), CenterWell offers stability, industry-leading benefits, and opportunities to grow yourself and your career. We proudly employ more than 30,000 clinicians who are committed to putting health first – for our teammates, patients, communities and company. By providing flexible scheduling options, clinical certifications, leadership development programs and career coaching, we allow employees to invest in their personal and professional well-being, all from day one.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.