Certified Pharmacy Technician
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Technician Specialist is a certified Pharmacy Technician who acts as an intake for all calls from patients, pharmacies and providers. The Technician Specialist performs advanced administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment. May apply intermediate mathematical skills.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 11:30 am to 8:00 pm CT with weekend rotation
Location: Must be a TN resident to work remotely.
Earn a $750 hiring bonus! Bonus is paid after 180 days of employment; you must be employed until that date to be eligible to receive the payment.
Use your skills to make an impact
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond professionally to a high volume of inbound calls in a timely and efficient manner, following standard operating procedures.
- Assist customers to input patient data and prescription information into pharmacy information management system via verbal request from licensed prescribers and/or the agent of the physician.
- Accurately establish and maintain patient medication profiles for review by a Pharmacist
- Consistently produce quality of work that is above the industry average and meet service level expectations.
- Provide superior customer service to our hospice partners by treating our callers with respect and dignity.
- Proficient in current technology system(s) to perform the following tasks including but not limited to: entering and updating patient demographics, changing status of active and non-active patients, processing refills and discontinues, and documenting as needed.
- Identify and solve problems related to customer service issues and communicate to appropriate personnel in a timely manner per standard operating procedures
- Practice active listening when speaking to customers to ensure the needs of the customer are met prior to completing the call
- Effectively de-escalate calls received by customers reporting service related complaints
- Escalate to Patient Care Operations leadership any issues, concerns or observations that may impact the customer relationship
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Positive and engaging demeanor; must be able to convey a pleasant and welcoming tone over the phone
- Attention to detail is key to ensure accuracy of information relayed and processed
- Self-motivated and able to exercise independent judgement
- Organized: Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Dependable and possess unquestionable personal and professional ethics, in concert with the Core Values of Enclara Pharmacia
- Adaptable to learning new systems and continual changes in practice environment
- Team player with a customer-oriented approach and desire to assist people
- Problem-solving skills and ability to follow through on tasks assigned; Sense of urgency in completing tasks and meeting customer expectations
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of two years of recent pharmacy technician experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Call Center experience preferred
- Strong typing skills with a minimum of 20 wpm
- General working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification Required (PTCB, CPhT)
- TN Pharmacy Technician License Required
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email/text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
About Enclara: Pharmacia Enclara Pharmacia is the nation’s largest full-service hospice and palliative care Pharmacy Benefits Manager, offering compassionate and cost-effective services to our most vulnerable patients. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, Enclara works closely with hospice providers to reduce pharmacy costs, improve patient care and support caregivers through digital innovations, flexible medication access, one-on-one clinical support and excellent customer service.About Humana: Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers, and our company. Through our Humana insurance services, and our CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.