Medical Cost Program Management Lead
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstThe Medical Cost Program Management Lead role is responsible for the end-to-end program management of a high-impact, high-visibility operation focused on Medicare Trend and Revenue performance. The scope of this work is broad and cross-functional, requiring a matrix leader who is able to build relationships at all levels of the organization and drive results with a high degree of change, growth, and ambiguity. With an optic view of all ongoing or upcoming initiatives and deliverables across the broad scope of the operation, this leader is able to guide direction, timing, and impact; and regularly makes presentations to senior leadership on updates and expected results.
- Manages all aspects of priority initiatives with significant financial or business impact
- Performs as a thought leader/resource for senior management, assisting in identifying and solving complex business problems and ensuring strategic priories are being delivered; takes action to resolve problems and minimize delays
- Acts as a change advocate using strong collaboration and influencing skills across diverse business segments
- Drives for results and anticipate needs and/or risks; updates program plan accordingly
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks.
- Recognize gaps between current situation and desired outcome and utilize appropriate resources to obtain information, consider solutions, and deliver the solution
- Develops and manages the communication plan based on the needs of the organization and the program
- Creates written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize program and initiative status or other supporting activities including analysis findings and fact based recommendations
- Deploy core project management techniques to streamline operation and drive high productivity using industry-standard methodologies, with ability to adapt to company-specific tools and techniques
Use your skills to make an impact
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare, business, or related field
- 8+ years program/portfolio management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with executive communications
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to influence, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment; effective at leading diverse personalities and all levels of leadership
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certified or equivalent process improvement experience
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Employees who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office employees with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants may be asked to provide their Social Security Number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions on how to add the information into your official application on Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.