Director, Threat Hunting & SIEM Engineering(remote)
Become a part of our caring community and help us put health firstIn the dynamic and highly regulated environment of a Fortune 50 healthcare company, the Director of Threat Hunting, Detection Engineering, and SIEM Engineering plays a critical role. This position requires an exceptional blend of technical acumen, leadership, and understanding of the unique cybersecurity challenges in the healthcare industry. The Director will be responsible for leading initiatives to safeguard sensitive data and systems from cyber threats and maintaining the trust of patients and stakeholders.
This role demands a high level of strategic thinking, technical expertise, and leadership abilities. The Director will oversee the threat hunting, detection engineering, and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) engineering teams, ensuring the implementation of security measures to protect the organization from cyber threats.
- Leadership and Strategy Development: Provide leadership and strategic direction for the threat hunting, detection engineering, and SIEM engineering teams. Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy that aligns with the organization's objectives.
- Threat Hunting: Lead efforts in proactive threat hunting to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities within the organization’s environment. Develop methodologies and procedures for continuous monitoring and analysis of activity.
- Detection Engineering: Oversee the design and development of advanced detections. Ensure the continuous improvement of detection capabilities to identify and respond to emerging cyber threats.
- SIEM Engineering: Provide thought leadership to the SIEM team, ensuring its effective operation, and continuous improvement. Develop strategies for efficient management, event correlation, and real-time analysis.
- Incident Response Coordination: Collaborate with the incident response team to ensure rapid and effective response to security incidents. Provide guidance and support in incident investigation and resolution.
- Team Management and Development: Lead, mentor, and develop a team of craftsmen who excel in their domain.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with other departments and executive leadership to ensure cybersecurity measures are integrated into all facets of the organization. Communicate complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Use your skills to make an impact
- Educational Background: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a related field. Advanced degrees (e.g., Master’s) are highly desirable.
- Professional Experience: At least 10 years of experience in cybersecurity, with a focus on threat hunting, detection engineering, and SIEM engineering. Proven track record of leading and managing cybersecurity teams.
- Technical Expertise: Deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, threat landscapes, detection methodologies, and SIEM technologies. Experience with advanced cybersecurity tools and platforms.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership and team management skills. Ability to mentor and develop talent.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate complex security issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Travel: Role will require approx 20% travel, 5-8 trips per year to DC/Louisville locations
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$168,800 - $232,300 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and CenterWell healthcare services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Humana not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Humana to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.