Hanson Professional Services Inc.
This position is a project-based opportunity. Project consultants can work on an as needed basis, part-time basis or full-time basis depending on project needs. Projects can vary depending on need, and may include project management duties, engineering consultation, and/or technical/scientific consultation.
A Day in the Life of a Project Consultant at Hanson
Here’s a snapshot of what you would do in this role:
- Assist in implementing projects by offering technical expertise.
- Manage task completion and project resources by developing project plans.
- Organize cross-functional input and resolution meetings.
- Participate in creating pre and post implementation requirements, satisfy policy standards, timelines and compliance.
- Collect and document to support task completion of project directives.
- Develop or assist in managing work breakdown structure of projects.
- Ensure project adheres to scope, schedule and budget.
- Draft project reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing trends and information.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
We feel the following qualifications would set you up for success in this role:
• Proven experience with MS Office required
• Experience with various types of engineering software preferred
• Minimum of 5-10 years of project management, or construction management or similar background experience required
• Bachelor’s or equivalent years of experience required
• Master’s degree preferred
• Engineering or scientific background preferred
• Experience with local government or transportation experience (including railways and aviation)
• Candidates must be able to work equally well as a team member and independently, have the desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess good interpersonal communication skills.
Working at Hanson:
• This position has a flexible work schedule
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our focus on people means we offer a generous benefits program to help you create a solid foundation for health and security throughout your career, including:
401(k) with matching contribution
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Comprehensive health & well-being plans
Financial wellness plans
Work-life balance programs
Want to know more? Visit our benefits page for all the details.
We understand that selecting a job is about more than the day-to-day tasks. It’s important to feel like you belong and safe to grow and progress along your career path. You’ll find that at Hanson. We have an inclusive, diverse workforce awaiting to connect with you and numerous opportunities to cultivate your career, including:
Monthly educational webinars
Lunch & learn development sessions
24/7 access to thousands of skill-building courses
Award-winning internship program
And so much more!
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERAN
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies/staffing firms. Resumes are only accepted from recruiters and agency/staffing firms if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position.