Store ManagersEOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. About the Organization
WHO WE ARE
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is a non-profit organization with 11 stores, seven donation centers, a logistics center and an online auction site. In addition, we operate two employment service centers and a home for veterans experiencing homelessness. The money raised by the sale of donations goes to fund our free programs. Our programs include: helping people find employment, assisting our veterans with job services and resource referral, serving youth around the area with several different programs, and operating a 15-bed home for veterans. Goodwill has been serving Central Illinois since 1934.
MORE THAN JUST A TEAM
Goodwill employees are more than just a team. They are a close-knit group of people which enjoy fostering friendship and support. Goodwill employees work together knowing that, as a non-profit, their job means someone is getting the assistance they need. It's working with a purpose.
- Generate store sales and staff supervision by applying excellent customer service as well as general retail, clerical and merchandising standards. Directly manage and supervise retail staff. Meet and/or exceed the budgeted guidelines.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Retail and Retail staff to meet the designated goals and expectations of the location.
- Provide orientation, training, development and supervision of staff to maintain teamwork principle
- Recruit and manage qualified staff to meet the employment needs of the store
- Maintain expenses and ratios below or at the budgeted level
- Perform all functions of store operations. (Register, stocking, salvaging, etc.)
- Ensure accurate cash management and maintenance of business records as necessary in the Retail Management System (RMS)
- Promote store sales through excellent customer service
- Maximize production to meet/exceed the established goals
- Knowledge of local retail competition, pricing strategies and merchandise technique, etc.
- Maintain sufficient inventory to meet the needs of the consumer
- Maintain store in a clean, neat and attractive condition utilizing merchandising and display principles
- Follow policies and procedures outlined in the Personnel Policy Manual
- Perform merchandise handling tasks as necessary
- Eliminate theft and shoplifting (handle according to policy)
- Responsible for adherence to all safety standards.
- Responsible for adherence to store scheduling as agreed upon
- Other related duties as assigned
- Directly supervises 10-35 employees including Retail Clerk(s), Key Holder(s), Lead Clerk(s) and Assistant Manager.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving concerns.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively share information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, and percentages.
- REASONING ABILITY
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to apply a decision appropriate for the situation that is in the best interest of Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois and the customer.
- The ability to have knowledge of computer operations and software applications. The ability to handle cash and related tender with ease.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree and/or related experience and training a plus. Must be at least 16 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification may be required. The training will be offered by Goodwill.
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Vehicle Insurance may be required.
- Commitment to continued learning and engaged participation in mandatory trainings offered by Goodwill.
- Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Walking or standing to a significant degree, with a degree of pushing or pulling.
This position is currently accepting applications.