Retail Material Handler
Retail Material HandlerEOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. About the Organization
WHO WE ARE
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is a non-profit organization with 11 stores, seven donation centers, a logistics center and an online auction site. In addition, we operate two employment service centers and a home for veterans experiencing homelessness. The money raised by the sale of donations goes to fund our free programs. Our programs include: helping people find employment, assisting our veterans with job services and resource referral, serving youth around the area with several different programs, and operating a 15-bed home for veterans. Goodwill has been serving Central Illinois since 1934.
MORE THAN JUST A TEAM
Goodwill employees are more than just a team. They are a close-knit group of people which enjoy fostering friendship and support. Goodwill employees work together knowing that, as a non-profit, their job means someone is getting the assistance they need. It's working with a purpose.
The Material Handler is a member of the Retail team who is responsible for accepting donated items at the donation door and or drop off locations, as well as identifying and communicating to the customer items that cannot be accepted. Other primary duties include processing donated items which consists of sorting, tagging, and hanging donated items.
- Provides excellent customer service; greets customers at donation door, Checks, accepts, and handles donations from customers.
- Maintains production area in a clean, neat, and organized condition.
- Embraces the values, vision, and mission of Goodwill of Central Illinois, including being on time for scheduled shifts.
- Other related duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Works independently and in a team atmosphere
- Requires ability to lift and move donations
- Stands and for long periods of time throughout the day, 4-8 hours
- ***This position requires successful completion of a pre-employment Fit Test***
This position is currently accepting applications.