Program Coordinator - Good Guides
Program Coordinator - Good GuidesEOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. About the Organization
WHO WE ARE
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is a non-profit organization with 11 stores, seven donation centers, a logistics center and an online auction site. In addition, we operate two employment service centers and a home for veterans experiencing homelessness. The money raised by the sale of donations goes to fund our free programs. Our programs include: helping people find employment, assisting our veterans with job services and resource referral, serving youth around the area with several different programs, and operating a 15-bed home for veterans. Goodwill has been serving Central Illinois since 1934.
MORE THAN JUST A TEAM
Goodwill employees are more than just a team. They are a close-knit group of people which enjoy fostering friendship and support. Goodwill employees work together knowing that, as a non-profit, their job means someone is getting the assistance they need. It's working with a purpose.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for facilitation of assigned programs and working with the Program Manager to ensure program requirements and outcomes are met. The Program Coordinator will provide oversight and support to program participants, including program volunteers. Responsibilities will include participant recruitment and engagement, data tracking and reporting, coordinating and facilitating program activities and events, and monitoring participant progress.
An essential component of this Program Coordinator position will be overseeing the Goodwill Good Guides Program. The Program Coordinator will oversee the daily operations of this youth mentoring program including recruitment and enrollment of participants and volunteer mentors, scheduling, and delivery of program requirements. Previous experience and/or education working with volunteers and youth mentoring programs helpful.
- Coordinate assigned program and have in depth knowledge of program to assist with program goals and measures to meet program outcomes.
- Provide oversight and support to program participants and volunteers, as well as consistent and effective communication. Conduct program participant and volunteer screenings, orientations, and trainings as necessary.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of program participants, including volunteers and protect confidentiality of participants.
- Facilitate activities and workshops to engage program participants, including field trips, service learning, job shadowing, career exploration, etc. Develop and facilitate curriculum to enhance program services and activities.
- Report to Program Manager on program goals and participant progress, as well as any unusual and/or crisis situations as they arise.
- Serve as the representative of Goodwill Industries in the community and engage in community outreach, resource development, and networking activities to grow and market programs.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community partners, service providers, and collaborating agencies. Stay informed of community resources to make appropriate referrals to program participants.
- Collect, enter, and track data in a timely manner to meet program reporting and grant requirements.
- Participate in Goodwill meetings, webinars, and conferences, as necessary.
- Ensure the safety of participants, staff, and others by following all organizational and programmatic policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE
Annual Evaluations will include evaluations on the following standards…
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Customer and Associate Satisfaction
- Attitude towards co-workers, level of cooperation and openness of all communication.
- Overall Flexibility and Adaptability
- Meeting deadlines and accuracy of all assignments
- Efficiency and Work Quality
Attendance and PunctualityPosition Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required.
- COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively communicate information to partner organizations, participants, and potential volunteers.
- Be sensitive to the needs of individuals and families we serve.
- REASONING ABILITY
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. The ability to apply a decision appropriate for the situation that is in the best interest of Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois and the participants served in vocational programs.
- COMPUTER/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Possess computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other databases. Ability to learn new computer programs to meet the needs of reporting to various local, state, and federal agencies for grants.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of three years of comparable work experience.
- Must be a self-starter and possess excellent skills in time management, organization, public speaking, program coordinating, communication, and team work.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification may be required. The training will be offered by Goodwill.
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Vehicle Insurance may be required.
- Commitment to continued learning and engaged participation in mandatory trainings offered by Goodwill.
This position is currently accepting applications.