Retail ClerkEOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. About the Organization
WHO WE ARE
Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois is a non-profit organization with 11 stores, seven donation centers, a logistics center and an online auction site. In addition, we operate two employment service centers and a home for veterans experiencing homelessness. The money raised by the sale of donations goes to fund our free programs. Our programs include: helping people find employment, assisting our veterans with job services and resource referral, serving youth around the area with several different programs, and operating a 15-bed home for veterans. Goodwill has been serving Central Illinois since 1934.
MORE THAN JUST A TEAM
Goodwill employees are more than just a team. They are a close-knit group of people which enjoy fostering friendship and support. Goodwill employees work together knowing that, as a non-profit, their job means someone is getting the assistance they need. It's working with a purpose.
The Retail Clerk is a member of the retail team who is responsible for performing all functions of front-end store operations including cash handling, inventory control, customer service, and visual merchandising. Other duties include keeping the store clean, neat, and orderly and fostering a team atmosphere.
- Provides excellent customer service by acknowledging and assisting customers, promotes store sales through excellent customer service.
- Performs all functions of front-end store operations and maintains the dressing rooms.
- Maintains store in a clean, neat, and orderly manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Works independently while fostering a strong team atmosphere
- Demonstrates the ability to be at work and on time on scheduled workdays
- Commitment to continued learning and engaged participation in mandatory trainings offered by Goodwill
- Stands for long periods of time throughout the day, 4-8 hours
This position is currently accepting applications.