Healthcare Studio Leader
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Join us and grow your career with a certified Great Place to Work for the last eight years running. We are a team of Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Scientists committed to making meaningful contributions to the world around us. Our quest for excellence goes beyond the ordinary; we seek extraordinary people who want to showcase their talents and join us in making a difference for our clients and communities. You will be part of a collaborative group that champions your career and passions, embraces challenges, understands the importance of work-life balance, and shares our commitment in making a positive impact through your work.
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Healthcare Studio Leader in either our St. Louis, MO, Chicago, IL or various Illinois offices. In this role, you will be a senior national leader in our growing architectural group with over 90 architects and designers spread across a dozen offices. This dynamic individual will continue to build the firms Healthcare studio by providing a design expertise as part of a creative team while pursuing, leading, and designing a wide variety of healthcare projects. Primary responsibilities will include leading the healthcare studio across the entire firm, mentoring our current healthcare planners and designers, working frequently with multidisciplinary teams across our national offices. This position is entrepreneurial and looking to attract a high energy leader who enjoys flexibility and latitude and wants to be part of a proven healthcare team moving to the next level.
- Lead design of key healthcare projects across the firm, working closely with our architecture, engineering, business development and marketing teams.
- Lead healthcare market strategy, in concert with the Architecture Group and Firm’s strategy, to expand Farnsworth Group’s healthcare studio.
- Build relationships with existing and prospective clients. Support development of marketing materials and participate in proposals, interviews, and key presentations.
- Organize and lead marketing efforts for the market sector
- Mentor mid/ senior level healthcare leaders across the country.
- Enhance the firm’s ability to attract talent through mentoring, developing, and training staff in collaboration with other staff on healthcare building types
- Serve as a resource for projects, especially those involving space planning and programming services. Coach our existing leaders to integrate client vision, spatial needs, operational requirements, and project goals into design concepts. Work with our full-service architecture and engineering teams to develop functional layouts, integrate medical equipment, interior design, engineering and regulatory requirements into a cohesive new building or renovation design.
- Support existing projects, develop training materials and participate in quality control reviews to deliver long-term value to our clients.
- Collaborate with Farnsworth Group’s Director of Design for high profile projects.
- Participate in industry seminars, local/ regional professional organizations, and national conferences through presentations and publications.
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree Architecture required; Masters preferred.
- Registered Architect; NCARB and LEED preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in healthcare programming and planning, including acute care and ambulatory care.
- Knowledgeable in healthcare industry trends, evidence-based design principles, and lean delivery methods.
- Demonstrated design insight and leadership on major projects.
- Multidisciplinary team leadership experience.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, team building, and relationship-management skills
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Experience with managing and mentoring architectural staff.
- Experience negotiating project scope and fees.
- Graphic and modeling Software skills a plus; Revit, Sketchup, Adobe suite.
- Periodic travel to clients and our offices.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Plan
- Hybrid Work Program
Farnsworth Group appreciates that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. Our Hybrid Work Program offers employees a flexible work arrangement while contributing to the culture and success of the Company.
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" tab below.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.