Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Join us and grow your career with a certified Great Place to Work for the last eight years running. We are a team of Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Scientists committed to making meaningful contributions to the world around us. Our quest for excellence goes beyond the ordinary; we seek extraordinary people who want to showcase their talents and join us in making a difference for our clients and communities. You will be part of a collaborative group that champions your career and passions, embraces challenges, understands the importance of work-life balance, and shares our commitment in making a positive impact through your work.
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Healthcare in either our Greenwood Village (Denver Tech Center) or Colorado Springs, CO office, but a REMOTE position is also available. In this role, you will assume multi-project responsibilities for HVAC, plumbing, and specialty piping system engineering and design for healthcare and lab facilities. This role reports to an Engineering Manager who will also provide mentoring and training opportunities to help you grow your career.
- Prepare accurate HVAC, plumbing, and specialty piping system construction drawings and specifications for submittal review and construction administration
- Prepare preliminary schematics and final designs, calculations, equipment selection and layout
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Coordinate with production staff
- Actively engage in and assume responsibility for code research and application
- Interface with other disciplines, clients, and contractors
- Maintain project design budgets and schedules while pursuing quality and continuity
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- 10 - 20 years of professional experience in healthcare design.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Wide range of healthcare design experience, including plumbing and medical gases
- Good communication skills and ability to lead a small team of talented engineers
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with Facilities Guidelines Institute requirements for healthcare
About Farnsworth Group
Farnsworth Group is an award winning, employee-owned engineering, architecture, and surveying firm with more than 500 employees located in nearly 30 offices nationwide. We are ranked among the nation’s top design firms with clients ranging from small communities to some of the world’s largest brands. Our success is the direct result of our talented people, unwavering passion, and exceptional performance. Together, we collaborate with clients to define what matters most to them and strive to move them forward with proven solutions. We do this by focusing on our mission that centers on championing our clients’ successes, advancing our communities, and embracing the challenges of a changing world.
A Great Place to Work Certified
For eight consecutive years, Farnsworth Group has earned the esteemed certification as a Great Place to Work; our employees are the reason why! Annually, our staff engages in a survey administered by the Great Place to Work organization that delves into employee perceptions about credibility, respect, pride, fairness, and camaraderie. Those results are benchmarked against the nation’s leading companies, and only those top performers gain the Great Place to Work certification. The invaluable insights from the survey have played a pivotal role in further shaping our work environment and fostering a culture to make Farnsworth Group an even greater place to work.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Plan
- Hybrid Work Program
Farnsworth Group appreciates that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. Our Hybrid Work Program offers employees a flexible work arrangement while contributing to the culture and success of the Company.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $120,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity)
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking "Apply for this Position" below.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.