Industrial/Semiconductor Mechanical Engineer
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Join us and grow your career with a certified Great Place to Work for the last eight years running. We are a team of Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Scientists committed to making meaningful contributions to the world around us. Our quest for excellence goes beyond the ordinary; we seek extraordinary people who want to showcase their talents and join us in making a difference for our clients and communities. You will be part of a collaborative group that champions your career and passions, embraces challenges, understands the importance of work-life balance, and shares our commitment in making a positive impact through your work.
Farnsworth Group is seeking an Industrial/Semiconductor Mechanical Engineer. Proximity to our Austin or Frisco, TX, Greenwood Village, CO (Denver Tech Center), or Phoenix, AZ offices is preferred, but REMOTE/hybrid is available. In this role, you will assume multi-project responsibilities for full mechanical design including HVAC/Exhaust, cleanroom design, plumbing, and process utility systems. Projects will be in advanced manufacturing and technology markets. Primarily, semiconductor, biotech, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage. This role reports to an Engineering Manager who will also provide mentoring and training opportunities.
- Prepare accurate Mechanical system construction drawings and specifications for submittal review and construction administration
- Prepare preliminary schematics and final designs, calculations, equipment selection and layout
- Maintain project design budgets and schedules while pursuing quality
- Actively engage in and assume responsibility for code research and application
- Interface with other disciplines, clients, and contractors
- Coordinate with other production staff
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- 8-15 years of experience in technically complex system design
- PE license, preferred, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of ICC model codes (Fire, Building, Mechanical, Plumbing)
- Design experience relative to medium/large commercial and institutional facilities
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel occasionally to client sites in support of projects
About Farnsworth Group
Farnsworth Group is an award winning, employee-owned engineering, architecture, and surveying firm with more than 500 employees located in nearly 30 offices nationwide. We are ranked among the nation’s top design firms with clients ranging from small communities to some of the world’s largest brands. Our success is the direct result of our talented people, unwavering passion, and exceptional performance. Together, we collaborate with clients to define what matters most to them and strive to move them forward with proven solutions. We do this by focusing on our mission that centers on championing our clients’ successes, advancing our communities, and embracing the challenges of a changing world.
A Great Place to Work Certified
For eight consecutive years, Farnsworth Group has earned the esteemed certification as a Great Place to Work; our employees are the reason why! Annually, our staff engages in a survey administered by the Great Place to Work organization that delves into employee perceptions about credibility, respect, pride, fairness, and camaraderie. Those results are benchmarked against the nation’s leading companies, and only those top performers gain the Great Place to Work certification. The invaluable insights from the survey have played a pivotal role in further shaping our work environment and fostering a culture to make Farnsworth Group an even greater place to work.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Plan
- Hybrid Work Program
Farnsworth Group appreciates that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. Our Hybrid Work Program offers employees a flexible work arrangement while contributing to the culture and success of the Company.
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking 'Apply for this position' below.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.