Civil Engineer - Transportation
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Join us and grow your career with a certified Great Place to Work for the last eight years running. We are a team of Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Scientists committed to making meaningful contributions to the world around us. Our quest for excellence goes beyond the ordinary; we seek extraordinary people who want to showcase their talents and join us in making a difference for our clients and communities. You will be part of a collaborative group that champions your career and passions, embraces challenges, understands the importance of work-life balance, and shares our commitment in making a positive impact through your work.
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Civil Engineer with a focus in Transportation to join our team in one of our central Illinois office locations including Bloomington, Champaign, Peoria, Pontiac, or Springfield. Specific requirements and responsibilities are listed below:
- Prepare and develop construction, design documents and plans
- Assist with construction engineering
- Basic engineering and design calculations
- Conduct construction materials testing for concrete, soils, and related items
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Transportation preferred
- 0- 6 years of Civil Engineering experience
- FE / EIT Certification preferred
- Experience with IDOT and local agency projects preferred
- MicroStation or AutoCAD experience preferred
- Ability to work in the field for construction engineering projects
About Farnsworth Group
Farnsworth Group is an award winning, employee-owned engineering, architecture, and surveying firm with more than 500 employees located in nearly 30 offices nationwide. We are ranked among the nation’s top design firms with clients ranging from small communities to some of the world’s largest brands. Our success is the direct result of our talented people, unwavering passion, and exceptional performance. Together, we collaborate with clients to define what matters most to them and strive to move them forward with proven solutions. We do this by focusing on our mission that centers on championing our clients’ successes, advancing our communities, and embracing the challenges of a changing world.
A Great Place to Work Certified
For eight consecutive years, Farnsworth Group has earned the esteemed certification as a Great Place to Work; our employees are the reason why! Annually, our staff engages in a survey administered by the Great Place to Work organization that delves into employee perceptions about credibility, respect, pride, fairness, and camaraderie. Those results are benchmarked against the nation’s leading companies, and only those top performers gain the Great Place to Work certification. The invaluable insights from the survey have played a pivotal role in further shaping our work environment and fostering a culture to make Farnsworth Group an even greater place to work.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Plan
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" tab below.