Chief Structural Bridge Engineer
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Join us and grow your career with a certified Great Place to Work for the last eight years running. We are a team of Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Scientists committed to making meaningful contributions to the world around us. Our quest for excellence goes beyond the ordinary; we seek extraordinary people who want to showcase their talents and join us in making a difference for our clients and communities. You will be part of a collaborative group that champions your career and passions, embraces challenges, understands the importance of work-life balance, and shares our commitment in making a positive impact through your work.
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Chief Structural Bridge Engineer - in one of the following office locations: Chicago, Lisle, Tinley Park, Bloomington, Champaign, Peoria, Springfield, Belleville IL, or St. Louis, MO In this role, you will be the key individual responsible to lead a client focused, technically excellent Transportation Structural Engineering team that serves local and nationwide clients in the support of multiple design projects.
- Serve as the National Bridge Practice Leader to manage and lead the Transportation Structural Team staff.
- Serve as the Engineer-of-Record including to lead/perform designs for complex bridge design projects.
- Perform and/or supervise all complex and typical structural planning, analysis, and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects.
- Technical supervision and management of bridge staff on design projects that include but not limited to steel plate girders, prestressed concrete, reinforced concrete, substructures, foundations, box culverts, retaining walls and interchange or river structures for highway and railway bridge projects.
- Serve as client and project manager (communications, scope, schedule, budget, and quality) on bridge related projects, and supervise other project managers and project engineers in the performance of engineering tasks.
- Provide QC/QA related to complex and advanced typical structure designs and projects.
- Assist in preparation of project proposals.
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering with a major in Structural Engineering.
- Illinois Licensed Structural Engineer (SE).
- 15+ years of bridge engineering experience including experience with advanced typical and complex structures.
- Engineer-of-Record with hands-on experience in all aspects of bridge design including codes, calculations, report, and final structural contract documents.
- Knowledge and experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
- Project management and Client Management skills and experience
- Strong communications skills and willing to work in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable being viewed as a technical expert in engineering analysis and design and have a proven background of technical leadership on bridge projects.
- Experience working with IDOT and/or Tollway Facility Bridge projects.
- Masters in Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Familiarity with engineering software packages such as: MicroStation, OpenBridge Designer Connect Edition (LEAP Bridge Steel, LEAP Bridge Concrete, RM Bridge, etc.), LEAP CONSYS, LPile, Erikkson Culvert, AASHTOWare BrR, RISA-3D, SPW911, Mathcad/Mathcad Prime, Enercalc, BlueBeam, or other Finite-Element or Foundation analysis/design software
About Farnsworth Group
Farnsworth Group is an award winning, employee-owned engineering, architecture, and surveying firm with more than 500 employees located in nearly 30 offices nationwide. We are ranked among the nation’s top design firms with clients ranging from small communities to some of the world’s largest brands. Our success is the direct result of our talented people, unwavering passion, and exceptional performance. Together, we collaborate with clients to define what matters most to them and strive to move them forward with proven solutions. We do this by focusing on our mission that centers on championing our clients’ successes, advancing our communities, and embracing the challenges of a changing world.
A Great Place to Work Certified
For eight consecutive years, Farnsworth Group has earned the esteemed certification as a Great Place to Work; our employees are the reason why! Annually, our staff engages in a survey administered by the Great Place to Work organization that delves into employee perceptions about credibility, respect, pride, fairness, and camaraderie. Those results are benchmarked against the nation’s leading companies, and only those top performers gain the Great Place to Work certification. The invaluable insights from the survey have played a pivotal role in further shaping our work environment and fostering a culture to make Farnsworth Group an even greater place to work.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Plan
- Hybrid Work Program
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking 'Apply for this Position" below.