Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees have earned us the Great Place to Work certification for several consecutive years! Farnsworth Group is a 130-year-old, employee-owned full-service Engineering, Architecture and Land Surveying firm with approximately 500 employees. We can provide employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Healthcare in either our Denver or Colorado Springs, CO offices, but a remote position is also available. In this role, you will assume multi-project responsibilities for HVAC, plumbing, and specialty piping system engineering and design for healthcare and lab facilities. This role reports to an Engineering Manager who will also provide mentoring and training opportunities to help you grow your career.
- Prepare accurate HVAC, plumbing, and specialty piping system construction drawings and specifications for submittal review and construction administration
- Prepare preliminary schematics and final designs, calculations, equipment selection and layout
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Coordinate with production staff
- Actively engage in and assume responsibility for code research and application
- Interface with other disciplines, clients, and contractors
- Maintain project design budgets and schedules while pursuing quality and continuity
Specific Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- 10 - 20 years of professional experience in healthcare design.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Wide range of healthcare design experience, including plumbing and medical gases
- Good communication skills and ability to lead a small team of talented engineers
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with Facilities Guidelines Institute requirements for healthcare
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Professional Development and Training
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking "Apply for this Position" below.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.