Civil Engineer - Land Development
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees have earned us the Great Place to Work certification year after year! Farnsworth Group is a 130-year-old, employee-owned Engineering, Architecture and Land Surveying firm with more than 500 employees. We are offering employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Civil Engineer – Land Development in our Peoria, IL office. In this role, you will work with experienced engineers on site development, infrastructure planning, utility design, grading, permitting, cost estimating, Water resources study and design. This is a great opportunity for someone with a solid technical background and a strong sense of project ownership/responsibility to expand their career and grow with an established firm.
- Plan, design, and manage a variety of civil engineering projects
- Collaborate with other Farnsworth Group disciplines and client consultants
- Communicate with clients regarding current and future projects
- Organize and perform projects from inception to completion
- Construction observation / resident engineering when necessary
- Permit Review/Compliance
- Attend Council and/or Board Meetings as needed
Specific Requirements include:
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in planning, design, and construction of civil engineering projects
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D, required
- Stormwater Modeling experience, preferred
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Bluebeam
- Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Illinois or on track to obtain license within one year is desired
Hybrid Work Program:
Farnsworth Group appreciates that the workplace environment is ever evolving and recognizes that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. Our Hybrid Work Program seeks to offer employees a flexible work arrangement which also contributing to the culture and success of the Company.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking 'Apply for this Position' below.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.