Human Resources / Benefits Manager
David Vaughan Investments, LLC
Who We Are
David Vaughan Investments, LLC (DVI) is proud of its Associates. We are an exceptional team of investment professionals who are bright, creative, hardworking, and have a passion for what we do. Every day we focus on serving our valued clients’ best interests, and it is all accomplished within a team-based approach where mutual respect and integrity serve at its core.
Who We Want
DVI is currently looking for an experienced HR/Benefits Manager to join the team and provide support to DVI Associates. In this critical role, you will assist DVI employees with benefits enrollment and questions, and ensure compliance with required benefit notices and testing. Also, this position supports the HR area with job postings, updates to job descriptions and other HR related items.
The ideal candidate must exhibit an ability to operate as an effective and technical thinker and consistently display integrity in all actions. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred as is at least three years of related HR and Benefits administrative support, experience and/or training.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact directly with other DVI Associates.
- Proven project management and administrative skills are a must.
- SHRM certification is preferred but not required.
What to Expect
- Responsible for all HR-related duties, including updating job descriptions, researching, and updating salary ranges, composing and administering the yearly Career Development and Year-end evaluation processes, positing open positions, and other HR related duties.
- Administer various employee benefits programs such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Conduct benefits orientations and demonstrate the benefits of the self-enrollment system.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure changes are entered appropriately in the benefit platform system to ensure appropriate payroll deductions are made.
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
- Coordinate worker’s compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
- Assist in obtaining statistics and information during the renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to better inform Associates so they may gain a thorough understanding of company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure the distribution of required employee notices.
- Prepare and maintain employee reports, new-hire, and absentee/PTO reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts and other requested reports as needed.
- Coordinate the administration of internal training programs, handle the distribution and archiving of training content, and the track Associate participation.
- Assist in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- Assist in the administration of other department projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.