Federal Tax Strategies Intern - Summer 2024 - Peoria, IL
At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that you want to be able to make choices in your career. That’s why CLA exists, to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
We are seeking Interns in our Peoria office to join our growing Federal Tax Strategies (Credits and Incentives) practice.
Are you excited to work on an inclusive team doing impactful work for clients? Do you enjoy pushing yourself and working independently, determined to find the right answer? Do you enjoy helping others? If your answer to any of these questions is “YES”, then apply to our Intern position at CLA!
As an Intern in Federal Tax Strategies, you will work closely with small to mid-sized privately held businesses providing consulting services that help them save money through a variety of service offerings including energy credits, cost segregation, R&D credits, fixed assets studies and other credits and incentives.
- You will be part of practice that is experiencing tremendous growth—creating HUGE opportunity for you to grow and take a career path that is unique to your personal goals. Play a key role in building our Federal Tax Strategies practice!
- Participate in consulting focused work that provides a broad exposure to a wide range of services including Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit Studies, Fixed Asset Depreciation Studies, Cost Segregation Studies and Energy Studies.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that offers autonomy and encouragement to move great ideas forward.
- Assist in managing multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering, and coordination of resources
- Be part of a top 10 professional services firm that is leading by tax, investing significant focus and resources to nation-wide tax initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering, English or related field.
- Exemplify our CLA values – curious, collaborative, transparent, inclusive, and reliable.
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites (if needed.)
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.