East Peoria Member Assistant
Are you ready to make the most of your talents and abilities, while helping others make the most of their finances?
Apply to join Team CEFCU!
CEFCU member service team members are critical to the success of the credit union. They provide a professional, knowledgeable, and caring experience when members contact us. We are looking for individuals who are personable, articulate, and positive to add to our already awesome team!Demonstrates a strong, needs-based sales and service focus as defined and measured in the Member Center and Corporate Balanced Scorecards and Business Plans. Determines financial needs using a high impact questioning strategy, educates, cross-sells, and services members/potential members on CEFCU/CEFCU Investment Services (CIS) products and services. Serves as a front-line member contact that is responsible for processing member account transactions, completing appropriate forms, resolving member account problems, and answering member questions. Demonstrates knowledge and efficiency to operate third party software and systems for scanning checks, verifying routing and account numbers, researching transactions, pulling member statements, preloading Mastercard Gift Cards, and ensuring check data is successfully sent to the Federal Reserve. Analyzes negotiable items and items that require special endorsements. Complies with government regulations and CEFCU policies and procedures. Maintains individual cash drawer limits and balances nightly. Ensures a positive impact on financial performance by attaining balancing, outage, transaction volume, referral, sales, credit and deposit upsale, and Creating Member Loyalty (CML) goals. Maintains member satisfaction through use of CML skills and by presenting a professional image. Assists the office by performing a variety of duties as assigned and actively participates in teambuilding. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling and job duties.z
Monday - Thursday: 8:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Saturday: 8:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Saturdays required with a day off during the week. Flexibility in scheduling is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registration (NMLS) to comply with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act).
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of all Federal and State Regulations governing Financial Institutions through the successful completion of the formal Member Assistant Training module, including required continuing education related to the Bank Secrecy Act, Identity Theft – Red Flags, Elderly Abuse/Financial Exploitation and robbery procedures.
- Acquire and maintain proficient operation and knowledge in CEFCU mainframe applications and third party systems.
- Basic operation and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to balance Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders, and other receptionist duties (telephone etiquette, brochure and rate updates, etc.)
- Cross-trained as receptionist within one year, if applicable.
- Proven record of relationship building, sales and servicing skills through current applicable department metrics.
- Thorough knowledge of CEFCU products and services.
- Applicable college courses and/or commensurate experience.
It is CEFCU’s policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.