Installment Loan Collection Representative
Are you ready to make the most of your talents and abilities, while helping others make the most of their finances?
Apply to join Team CEFCU!
CEFCU member service team members are critical to the success of the credit union. They provide a professional, knowledgeable, and caring experience when members contact us. We are looking for individuals who are personable, articulate, and positive to add to our already awesome team!Contacts members to arrange payments on delinquent installment loans and MasterCard accounts to mitigate loan losses for CEFCU. Coordinates with other departments to set up convenience services, such as automatic payments, payroll deductions, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) origination to assist members in making timely payments. Directs use of proven collection practices, including skip tracing, revocation of credit lines, and liquidation of security when required. Initiates repossession process with third party repossession company. Uses professional techniques to limit losses on delinquent loans. Uses creative payment arrangements or modifications to help members in need when appropriate.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If you work a Saturday, you will have a day off during the week.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of loan process.
- Ability to understand and navigate through CEFCU mainframe systems and screens: Automated Loan Processing System (ALPS), Member Account File (MIF), and Collection Screen (COL).
- Proven ability to resolve conflict, think critically, and respond appropriately to members in heightened emotional state.
- Ability to communicate with tact and professionalism.
- Experience/familiarity with MasterCard screens.
- Knowledge of collection law and procedures or Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Familiarity with CEFCU’s Loan and Collection policies.
- Interviewing and probing/interrogation skills.
- Applicable college courses and/or commensurate credit and collection experience.
It is CEFCU’s policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.