Card Member Services Rep I
Are you ready to make the most of your talents and abilities, while helping others make the most of their finances?
Apply to join Team CEFCU!
CEFCU member service team members are critical to the success of the credit union. They provide a professional, knowledgeable, and caring experience when members contact us. We are looking for individuals who are personable, articulate, and positive to add to our already awesome team!Provides member service for CEFCU’s Insured Money Market Account and three Checking programs: Checking, Dividend Checking, and Second Chance Checking. Directs and manages member service functions for CEFCU’s card programs: Credit Card, Debit Card, and Gift Card. Makes appropriate decisions and performs all necessary procedures to resolve routine to complex problems on consumer and business accounts. Utilizes the Debit Card Approval System (DBT) to perform ATM and/or Purchase Limit increases. Evaluates and responds to transaction denials, merchant declines/referrals, and payment posting errors. Performs related account maintenance on Host, card processor, network, and check vendor systems. Completes initial research for credit/debit card transaction disputes and submits information to the Card Dispute Specialists.
Core Department Hours
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Saturday 8:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to learn Excel, Word, Outlook, CEFCU Mainframe applications and apply at a proficient level within 10 week training period.
- Ability to learn vendor applications and apply at a proficient level within 10 week training period.
- Ability to resolve conflict, think critically, and respond appropriately to members in heightened emotional states.
- Prior experience in technical environment.
- Experience in Card Services Department or a thorough, commensurate knowledge of department functions, procedures, policies, and associated Checking and card programs.
- Good writing skills and proven ability to manage complex projects within deadlines.
- Knowledge of Regulation D, E, Z and CC, credit/debit and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) network rules and regulations, and Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA)/Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) laws.
- Applicable college business courses (Accounting, Business Math, Business Finance, Law Business Communications, Economics and basic Credit or related classes).
It is CEFCU’s policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.