Career Area:Legal and Compliance
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar’s Law, Security & Public Policy Division (LSPP) is looking for a Paralegal to join a team of corporate and commercial paralegals. Successful candidates will be process driven, have an interest in the procurement functions of LSPP, and have an interest in gaining experience across a broad range of legal functions.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with procurement attorneys. Legal support and projects will be assigned according to the complexity of the work and by the prior experiences of the candidates on the team. The position will assist corporate attorneys with legal tasks and special projects to support and protect the organization. The legal work will be under the direction of various attorneys.
What You Will Do:
- Work directly with corporate legal attorneys in resolving advanced legal issues.
- Conduct legal tasks, such as research, review, and drafting, under the supervision of corporate legal attorneys.
- Develop, revise, and maintain repositories of legal documentation and procedures.
- Participate in specific team initiatives.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience with commercial agreements and/or procurement preferred
What You Have:
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision
- Confidentiality: Knowledge of practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization, its business activities, and employees; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
- Document Management: Knowledge of document management; ability to categorize, integrate, update, document and distribute business information in a secure, effective way
- Legal Analysis: Knowledge of methods and tools used in legal analysis; ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from both legal and factual information
- The primary location for this position is Peoria, IL
- Domestic relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
- Sponsorship is not available
- Domestic travel up to 5%
- This posting will close at midnight on February 25, 2024
What You Will Get:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays.
- All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Posting Dates:February 12, 2024 - February 25, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.