Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Are you passionate about leveraging your engineering skills to drive innovation and make a real impact on the world? If so, we invite you to explore an exciting opportunity with Caterpillar in Peoria, IL. Join our dynamic Earthmoving Engineering team as an Electrical Engineer specializing in Electrical Systems.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to hone your engineering expertise while focusing on the development and implementation of cutting-edge electrical systems and installation design. Your primary goal will be to meet the diverse needs of both internal and external customers, all while ensuring we maintain high standards of efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and quality across our motor grader product line.
As an integral part of our team, you’ll collaborate closely with colleagues from various disciplines, fostering a culture of teamwork and innovation within our Collaborative Product and Process Development (CPPD) framework. This is your opportunity to not only expand your technical skills but also to thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional environment where your contributions are valued and recognized.
If you’re ready to embark on a rewarding journey where your talents are nurtured and your potential is maximized, we encourage you to join us at Caterpillar and help shape the future of earthmoving technology.
What You Will Do:
- Spearhead the conceptualization and design process to meet project objectives, leveraging your innovation thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Take charge of developing electrical systems and schematics, demonstrating your expertise in electrical engineering principles.
- Assess the performance of existing production designs, pinpointing areas for enhancement and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for delivery of specific design tasks, effectively collaborating with other engineering teams to optimize project outcomes.
- Demonstrate proficiency in selecting, placing, and mounting electrical components, ensuring optimal functionality and performance.
- Utilize CREO to seamlessly integrate and route wiring harnesses and cables, showcasing your proficiency in CAD software.
- Foster collaborative relationships with value stream partners, contributing to the delivery of superior products through effective communication and teamwork.
What You Have (Basic Qualifications):
- Requires a degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum. (Electrical engineering degree is strongly preferred)
- Proficient in data gathering and analysis techniques, with a keen ability to extract meaningful insights to inform decision-making processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for making sound decisions and exercising critical thinking in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, enabling clear and effective interaction with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in 3D software, particularly CREO, for designing and integrating electrical components and systems.
Top candidate will have:
- Strong analytical thinking skills, capable of dissecting complex problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Possess technical excellence in electrical engineering principles and practices, with a track record of delivering high-quality results.
- Experience in product testing methodologies, including the ability to design and execute comprehensive test plans.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues efficiently, employing systematic approaches to identify and resolve challenges effectively.
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify.
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- ISE assignments are not available.
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
#LIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:February 9, 2024 - February 23, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.